Can you jump a 12V plane battery with a car?

I had a 172 that had a plug in port for jumping the plane,also sportys did make a set of jumpers with the plug attached. Recently I had to use a jump g box at a rural airport.

If I have to jump start my Cessna 182, then I need to remove the plug and install the face plate on the side of the plane.

Will there be less prop blast if I pull the prop back to low rpm? If I do that is there any risk of damage to the engine?

For less prop blast you want the control forward for less pitch.

You can, but it is not a good idea unless you know exactly why your battery is dead like the forgotten master switch or a loose connection. Your dead battery might be the result of a tired generator/alternator not producing enough output for all consumers.
most AC have an ammeter to alert you to this exact fault

If I have to jump start my Cessna 182, then I need to remove the plug and install the face plate on the side of the plane.

Will there be less prop blast if I pull the prop back to low rpm? If I do that is there any risk of damage to the engine?
Your prop control should have no effect at idle.

Your prop control should have no effect at idle.

When I’m practicing my emergency landings with the throttle closed and I pull the prop back I can tell that the pitch is changing. WhenI do my run up the pitch changes when I pull the prop back.

These two data points mean I don’t understand why what you said is true. Can you elucidate me?

When I’m practicing my emergency landings with the throttle closed and I pull the prop back I can tell that the pitch is changing. WhenI do my run up the pitch changes when I pull the prop back.

These two data points mean I don’t understand why what you said is true. Can you elucidate me?
The prop control adjusts a governor. If the prop is turning at idle speeds on the ground, the governor is only trying to increase rpm, keeping the blades at low pitch.

That is SO fake. The jumper cables would be coming out the FRONT of the car…

Or maybe it was a hot fueling situation gone wrong?

I thought he tied the plane to the bumper while hand propping.

Back