Can You ID This Autopilot?

Dbarbee

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Daniel Barbee
This autopilot is in a 172 that I’ll be flying this weekend. I’ve never seen one like this, wondering if anyone recognizes it and can tell me what model it is or who makes it.

Attachments

• BD7CB836-90D4-45B3-9D1F-139A423F8033.jpeg
    BD7CB836-90D4-45B3-9D1F-139A423F8033.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 143
1) I don't think that's the actual AP, it's the remote indicator
2) Ask the operator what model is installed... much better than SGOTI

I don't think that's an autopilot. It looks more like a selector for switching between having a nav radio drive an CDI or HSI needle and having the GPS drive it.

Thanks for everyone's input!! Annunciator was my first thought since it looked somewhat like the annunciator I had for the Garmin GNC300XL in my previous airplane. The ACTV and ARM indicators and the APR button threw me off though and made me think it might be part of an AP. Now that I think about it, I'm pretty sure the annunciator for the 300XL had similar buttons and indicators but that was a few years ago.

I'm pretty sure I remember seeing a King KLN94 in the panel. It's a rental airplane at the local flight school and the employees behind the counter didn't know what it was either.

Another thing that occurred to me after I looked a little closer at the picture is that the actual annunciator is mounted in a round blank along with a dimmer switch, test button, and data port. I'd originally thought it was all one instrument. That explains why I couldn't find a picture of it since I was looking for an image with the annunciator, switches, and data port all together. :)

Another thing that occurred to me after I looked a little closer at the picture is that the actual annunciator is mounted in a round blank along with a dimmer switch, test button, and data port. I'd originally thought it was all one instrument. That explains why I couldn't find a picture of it since I was looking for an image with the annunciator, switches, and data port all together. :)

Yup, it's a Franken-panel.

Back