Can you handle another belated "Hello"?

Capflyer

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Capflyer
I guess it's time for me to introduce myself too. I've been lurking on both this board and the red board for about two years now but never felt I had the time to engage in the discussions (especially not the Spin-Zone...:D).

My name is Mike and I'm originally from Sweden but live in Michigan (long story that involves a woman or two...;)).
As for flying experiences, I flew SAAB J35 Draken and JA 37 Viggen (mostly Draken) for several years in the Swedish Air Force and have accumulated 2000 + hours.
These days I'm flying a C182 G1000 for the Civil Air Patrol and I think it's a blast! I love the aircraft and I really like the mission in CAP plus the ability to give something back to this country.

Anyway, you seem to be a great bunch of people and after lurking here so long I feel like I almost know you already so I guess it was time to get activated...:).

Mike

Welcome Mike. Glad you finally decided to say hello. I'm a CAP pilot also. I had my first flight in a G1000 182 last week, you're right it is a blast. I'm doing some training towards the Mission Pilot certification tomorrow.

Last edited:
Thanks Lee!
Nice to meet you...:).
You'll love that aircraft even more once you get more used to it. I've been flying ours for a little over a year now and used it in several missions. It's a great platform to work in.

Thanks again!

Goddag! Välkommen, Mike!

(Ok, I had to look that up, but pretty similar to Norske, which I don't speak, either! Just recall hearing my Norwegian grandfather and my German grandfather both swear at the cats in their respective languages)

My name is Mike and I'm originally from Sweden but live in Michigan (long story that involves a woman or two...;)).
As for flying experiences, I flew SAAB J35 Draken and JA 37 Viggen (mostly Draken) for several years in the Swedish Air Force and have accumulated 2000 + hours.

That's some serious hardware, Mike! Welcome to PoA.

Welcome, Mike, the more the merrier. This is a good place to hang...

Welcome to POA, Mike. Dump the Cessna. Fly a Mooney. Glad you're here! I'm in BTL in about a month, love to hear a good Draken story.

Welcome to PoA! I dated a girl for about 3 months that was from Malmo, Sweden -- unfortunately I don't remember ANY of the Swedish she taught me.

Anywho.. Welcome!

My name is Mike and I'm originally from Sweden but live in Michigan
As for flying experiences, I flew SAAB J35 Draken and JA 37 Viggen (mostly Draken) for several years in the Swedish Air Force
Welcome Mike. :)

I'm clueless as to what those airplanes look like. Do you have any pictures that you could post?

Thanks all!! You're a great bunch!

Greg, tack sa mycket! That was good..:).

JR.Clough, I'd love to fly a Mooney some day. Let me know when you're in BTL and we can meet up.

Chris, that's too cool. Malmo is where I grew up. Lived in Helsingborg most of my adult life though.

Diana, he pic in my avatar is a SAAB J35 Draken. I'll try to find a pic of the JA 37 for ya..:).

Thanks again all!

Welcome aboard Mike,

Feel free to share some of your stories (Aviation or women lol)
anytime.

Glad to have ya.

Welcome Mike. :)

I'm clueless as to what those airplanes look like. Do you have any pictures that you could post?

Diana,

Here are a couple of pics for you. The first one is SAAB 37 Viggen and the second is a SAAB J35J Draken.

I flew mostly the Draken (wasn't combat rated in the Viggen).

Attachments

• plane4.jpg
    plane4.jpg
    677 KB · Views: 19
  • J35J.jpg
    J35J.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 17
Welcome Mike! I carry a Fallkniven F1 in my flight bag in honor of you guys.

Hey Mike,
Welcome aboard.
Nice group here.
Sorry I don't speak Swedish, but German is a good alternate...

I too, am a CAP member.
(Best kept Gov't secret eh?? ) :yes:
.............. {for outsiders, it's just an inside joke}

Currently working on my level2 Quals.
Haven't yet qualified, to fly CAP craft, but all in good time I guess.

Hey Mike,
Cool photos.
Beware the Spin Zone. Trogdor lives in the Spin Zone!!!!:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Hey Mike,
Welcome aboard.
Nice group here.
Sorry I don't speak Swedish, but German is a good alternate...

I too, am a CAP member.
(Best kept Gov't secret eh?? ) :yes:
.............. {for outsiders, it's just an inside joke}

Currently working on my level2 Quals.
Haven't yet qualified, to fly CAP craft, but all in good time I guess.

(Shhh...don't tell anyone..:D )

No problem with the Swedish. I speak fluent english. Nice to meet another fellow CAP member here.
Thanks!

Michael - Thanks for your welcome too. Yeah it's a nice name although not very unique these days huh?....:)

ApacheBob - Thanks for the warning! I get too fired up when I read the Spin-Zone...LOL

Thanks! The best stories comes after a few beers...:D
This would be Jack Daniels below the Mason-Dixon line.

Mike, welcome!

Just wondering... you are proof, aren't you? That, not all Saab "drivers" are snobs? :D

This would be Jack Daniels below the Mason-Dixon line.

Mike, welcome!

Just wondering... you are proof, aren't you? That, not all Saab "drivers" are snobs? :D

Yeah I'm a proof of that!..LOL Actually, I drove Saab's that was powered by a Rolls Royce engine and we used to remind the Saab drivers on the ground about that...:D . We also used to say that the best post-flight is in the bar..;) .

So, what kind of stories do you have in mind?..:D
The best ones always start off with

"Now this is no sh*t.
It was a dark and stormy night, and there I was at 30,000' when ..."

"Now this is no sh*t.

Greg. I think he meant baroom and/or baroom girl type stories. ;)

"Now this is no sh*t.

Okay, there I was at 30,000' and climbing, when I heard this big sigh from the right seat. I looked at her and asked her if she's okay. She moved her long blonde hair away from her face and looked at me with her big blue eyes. She said "Yes, I just had such a frustrating weekend". " I got this new jigsaw puzzle but I just can't finish it. All the pieces look the same to me and I don't even know where to start" It frustrates the heck out of me".

I said "Come on, it can't be that hard. How many pieces is it?"
She said " I don't know how many peices but there's a lot of them. I keep looking at the picture on the box and let me tell you: There is no way I can make a Tiger out of those pieces".....:D

Back