Can the limit of 5 pages of "New posts" be relaxed/removed?

Jim_R

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Jim
I like to visit PoA frequently, but sometimes I'm away for several days or more. Normally when I visit, I click the "New Posts" link, and skim through all the thread titles, picking the ones I want to look at. On the old site, I'd just keep going until I got bored, ran out of time, or bumped into the demarcation line where it says, "The threads below have not changed since your last visit, but still have unread posts."

If I'm gone for a while, then there might be a jillion posts with activity since my last visit. Depending on how bored I am or how much time on my hands, I might want to skim through all of those thread titles. Usually, there are at least a couple of threads that I'm very interested in seeing the progress on, even if they've gone stale since my last visit. I might not remember the exact thread title, but "I'll know it when I see it," so I just keep scrolling back until I find it/them.

On the old forum, I could just keep on keepin' on until I got to the "No changes below this line" marker, but on the new forum, I'm limited to 196 threads on 5 pages. This has led to some of my "threads of interest" falling off the bottom of the list and making me have to take other action to go hunt them down.

I looked for a user setting I could change to adjust that limit, but didn't see one. Is that something that could be changed "behind the scenes"?

I don't really see why the 5-page limit is necessary or desirable.

Thanks,
Jim

Set it up to add threads you post to to your watched list automatically and then if you are interested in a thread, make a small post. Then just check your watched threads. By default, it only shows the ones with unread posts.

Yeah, that sort of solves part of the problem, but not the whole thing. If I'm gone for a while there might be brand-new posts that sprang up and ended before I even knew they existed, and they might be on the non-existent page 6 of the "New Posts" listing where I'll never ever see them...

Yeah, that sort of solves part of the problem, but not the whole thing. If I'm gone for a while there might be brand-new posts that sprang up and ended before I even knew they existed, and they might be on the non-existent page 6 of the "New Posts" listing where I'll never ever see them...
True

Back