Can someone help clarify who my OSA documents go to and when?

Beaker’s Flyin

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Beaker’s Flyin
Finally received an updated medical from the FAA after receiving an initial class 3 in the office last year. The letter spells out what I need to get pretty well however what it doesn’t explain well is who to submit the documents to and how….

According to the letter the medical issues by the FAA that replaces the one issued by the AME expires July 2024, but it also states I don’t have to visit the AME until July 2025. My plan was to always switch to basic med but, as I understand it I still need to maintain compliance with the SI until it expires which would be what? 2025?

Any insight from those who have gone through it?

This is a third class. ONLY IF YOU WANT TO RENEW, Fax the items to 405-954-4040 with you name and DOB on every page.

But, you don't have to renew. You don't have to send in a thing. Nothing is requried to be sent in before the Cert expires July 31, 2024. If NOBODY sends anything to the FAA you can do and fly on a basic med and come July 2024, since Domingo applies, you are free of obligation to maintian the 3rd class. Don't be fooled by the date noting the end of the SI letter- the governing item is the "not valid for any class after 07/31/2024" on the certificate.

The devil is when a medical office sends ANYTHING to FAA directly. In the situation where your underlying exam is valid through July 2024 for exam July 2023. Medical branch conitnues to interpret that as reapplication and then you are commited and if then you do not send everything for renewal, you get a denial letter- and no basic med. If you have any doubts inform, the medical offices that any HIPAA for sharing infomration is REVOKED. DO IT IN WRITING.

The AMCD staffers are being asked to do too much. You would eventually win if it went to litigation but the AMCS is on the brink administrative disaster. They can't seem to get their folks uniformly to understand Domingo.

Last edited:
Back