Can someone d/l video for me?

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
http://www.grandhaventribune.com/liveique/b_vid_front.bsp

Page 3 - Volunteer pilot story.

I wrote the paper, and asked for a copy of the vidoe, and the reporter said he was waiting on a sharing policy, but if I know how to d/l or copy it from the website to go for it - unfortunately, I have no idea how to pull it.

Thanks

Working on it Ed.

I assume its the "Pilots help friend's sister...." video?

Ok - so I have it in .flv now. How do you want me to get it to you, Ed?

Cool! Does it require some special cracking SW?

(I haven't tried to extract FLV, but one of the selling points is supposed to be dl protecion... :dunno:)

:D

Its one of the few things I refuse to reveal how I do, lest people learn to stop it. Its a PITA, btw.

OK.... I figured. I'd only spent about 10 minutes total lifetime trying to pull an FLV down and gave up. :mad:

Well, its much more secure at least...but nothing is un "hackable" on the internet :)

There are FLV converters out there. I did it for the Muppets Bohemian Rhapsody video. Getting the file is the big thing.

Cool! Does it require some special cracking SW?

(I haven't tried to extract FLV, but one of the selling points is supposed to be dl protecion... :dunno:)

:D

Its one of the few things I refuse to reveal how I do, lest people learn to stop it. Its a PITA, btw.

OK.... I figured. I'd only spent about 10 minutes total lifetime trying to pull an FLV down and gave up. :mad:

Well, its much more secure at least...but nothing is un "hackable" on the internet :)
Well. I've never tried to do it before. I started a timer and went to the website. It took me less than 2 minutes to download the .flv file.

How? I just opened a packet sniffer and clicked the video. First I saw an HTTP request for a .flv file which was the commercial. After the commercial I saw another HTTP request for another .flv file. I replicated that request again in the same way and downloaded the file.

Not rocket science. Just takes a basic understanding of HTTP.

You can download it here: http://www.jesseangell.com/forums/video.flv

Well. I've never tried to do it before. I started a timer and went to the website. It took me less than 2 minutes to download the .flv file.

How? I just opened a packet sniffer and clicked the video. First I saw an HTTP request for a .flv file which was the commercial. After the commercial I saw another HTTP request for another .flv file. I replicated that request again in the same way and downloaded the file.

Not rocket science. Just takes a basic understanding of HTTP.

You can download it here: http://www.jesseangell.com/forums/video.flv

That is essentially exactly how I do it.

I'll d/l when I get home. Nick got me a copy but there were some serious issues with the d/l copy.

I'll d/l when I get home. Nick got me a copy but there were some serious issues with the d/l copy.
It'll only be as good as the flv was to start with. What are you playing it in?

It'll only be as good as the flv was to start with. What are you playing it in?

He was playing it in VLC. There were weird issues in the file that looked like compression issues. I figured maybe a bad download or something....but I tried again and it still looked bad from home too.

He was playing it in VLC. There were weird issues in the file that looked like compression issues. I figured maybe a bad download or something....but I tried again and it still looked bad from home too.
The one I provided looks the same on the website as it does for me in VLC. There is a little "funnyness" around Ed's hand when he's swinging it all over talking. I suspect that's just a result of how they converted it to flv.

If that's all there is it's much better. Nick's copy had pink digitization, and the bottom half of the video would get digitized as well. It was pretty bad.

Can any of you download the first promo video from the "A Pilots Story" website? It has a nice shot of me taking off (and a nice Jesse flyby too), and i have pretty much given up on them ever finishing the movie (OK, not "given up," but they have a lot of stuff on their plate, I assume).

Another way to get the flv address is from Adblock. It'll be listed in the "blockable items" window.

You guys are making this way to hard.

Use Firefox and Download helper. http://www.downloadhelper.net/

Took me less than 1 minute to get the video and it looks fine.

If someone still needs this send me a PM and I'll post it on a secure area of my website.

Back