Can I update Iphone to 14.3 now that 14.4 is out?

JOhnH

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Right Seater
Foreflight is still testing 14.4. Can I update IOS from 13.x to 14.3?

Don’t think there’s any way to choose once a new one is out.

You’ll either have to wait until FF is done testing then hit the window before the next 14.x security patch, or just go on up and live with any FF breakage.

When Apple releases a new iOS version, there is generally a short window when they will still verify the last one. The window is short: generally just a few days to maybe 2 weeks. During that time, you just have to find and download the binary you want (google 14.3.1 IPSW). Hold down shift or option and click restore and itunes / finder will prompt you to select the IPSW file.

Do it soon! Once Apple stops signing the IPSW you can no longer use it.

Related to this topic: my iPad was failing to update, every time a new ipadOS came out. The new version would download but then fail to install. So I was stuck for a long time on an old version 13.x.

It’s a 5th gen ipad, less than 3 years old, so it should still update, but it just wouldn’t.

Apple’s website suggested reasons for failure to update, like bad wifi or insufficient free memory, but none of those could explain my woes.

Then I noticed that Apple suggests, if nothing else works, connecting to a mac and letting the mac’s Finder initiate the update. So I tried it today and it worked like a charm! I now have the latest 14.4 on my ipad.

So what Foreflight says outweighs Apple telling the whole world to please update now to close security holes? Interesting.

ForeFlight has given the all clear for 14.4, so upgrade!

So what Foreflight says outweighs Apple telling the whole world to please update now to close security holes? Interesting.

If ForeFlight is your main purpose for the iPad, yes. Some, (not me) use the iPad purely as a ForeFlight platform. What security is being violated? The ability to see what N numbers I use? Some future or past flight plans? It's a reasonable consideration for some.

If ForeFlight is your main purpose for the iPad, yes. Some, (not me) use the iPad purely as a ForeFlight platform. What security is being violated? The ability to see what N numbers I use? Some future or past flight plans? It's a reasonable consideration for some.
I can accept that.

Back