Can I trust Navworx for this application?

Ravioli

Ejection Handle Pulled
Display Name

Display name:
Unwanted Guest - Perma-ban Pending
[Already afraid to read the replies]
[Yes, I'm aware of the recent issues]

Installed equipment is:
GMA340 - audio
GNS430W - #1 comm/gps/nav
SL-30 - #2 comm/nav
GTX327 - Mode C transponder
Dynon D-100 - EFIS/AP/Altitude Encoder

So, I'm thinking I could "pop" in the Navworx AD600-B for $1499 + labor and be done with it.

If it goes well I'd probably recommend our club get a WAAS upgrade and Navworx for the C177RG. (We like the idea of WAAS in the navigator for the precision GPS approaches, rather than the all-in-one boxes)

Anyone flying a similar setup?

Are you a member of the Van's site? The Navworx thread over there is tracking AMOC's for the Garmin boxes and the 600B. One track is from Navworx, the other is from the van's community.

I use the Navworx. Love it, no problems in performance.

Anyone flying a similar setup?

I am flying a Navworx ADS600-B in my Cardinal with GNS430W as the position source via ARINC. My GTX327 serves as the controller, sending the squawk code to the 600-B, and my Ack 30.9 encoder sends BARO ALT to the 600-B via RS232. It all works perfectly together and feeds TIS-B to my 430W and TIS-B and FIS-B to iPad WingX Pro 7, or various Android apps such as WingX Pro 7 and Naviator. Once the AMOC comes out next week for the 430W, I'll be golden.

^^^ that's what I am looking to do. Does it not also display the FIS-B weather on the 430W?

Although I'll still have that on the 696 with GDL-39.

Thanks for the feedback.

Unfortunately not. But FYI... you can hardwire the 600-B to the 696 and get your weather and traffic on the 696. No need for the GDL-39.

More good news. I may move forward on equipage sooner than I had planned. :)

My 696 is already hardwired for ship power and radio output to the audio panel. So it's probably just a few pin swaps. Should only take someone of my abilities about a year to complete :goofy:

Back