Can I still be a pilot?

Only felony convictions would lead you to having a tough time or any kind of DUI or similar incident. However a word of advice, if you plan on going into the airline industry I suggest you have your record sealed or expunged. It is not a difficult process and will save you allot of headaches and questioning. FAA only cares if you are convicted of a crime. I would be willing to bet OJ Simpson could get a pilots license.
OJ is a felon.

Just my opinion, but if I were charged with something but not convicted, I wouldn't mention it. Anyone can be charged or sued, but being found guilty is when it becomes real. It's been a while, but do they ask anywhere if you were charged with a crime, or just found guilty?
The only place I'm aware of is 18(w), and they only ask about convictions there (non-traffic). Not whether you were charged. So being charged with a sexual offense, as far as I can tell, if nothing came of it would not have to be reported.

How much do you want it? I am not an AME or lawyer with FAA experience, but if you aren't on meds, aren't having symptoms, I'd bet a paycheck an AME who knows his/her stuff can sheppard you through the medical. Might take an extra visit or two, maybe an outside referral, but you can get there.

PS
No one cares about the phone, especially if you were a minor. Just be upfront.

Looked it up. Wow! The law effectively makes having phone sex illegal. Or worse - you can get arrested, fined $5000 and imprisoned for 30 days for even just lending your phone to a buddy so that he can talk dirty to his girlfriend.

It’s not one of those crazy historical laws that are still on the books - this one was passed in 2012!

What kind’a crazy ass politician signed THAT law??
It's in the middle of the bible belt; lotsa weird ideas about what's "acceptable" and what's not when it comes to sex.

Back