Can i salvage my license

If you're not a member of AOPA, join and pay for the Attorney special thing they have. Don't you get one free call to them a year for some small amount of money?

Did you declare the income from your side business ? Don't want to have an Al Capone problem.

Ha. Well like i said. I used to get it for friends when they asked. I never made money or kept any on hand. The person that got me asked for some and I got just what they wanted that day. The charges are from 6 months ago so by the time I was arrested, I was already clean. That's why they don't have extra charges and why I'll be able to plead to misdemeanors...

Ha. Well like i said. I used to get it for friends when they asked. I never made money or kept any on hand. The person that got me asked for some and I got just what they wanted that day. The charges are from 6 months ago so by the time I was arrested, I was already clean. That's why they don't have extra charges and why I'll be able to plead to misdemeanors...

Well, looks like you may get off easy this time. As others have pointed out, the FAA is somewhere in the list of 'minor problems' right now. Still a good idea to get a couple of $100 worth of advice on what to do and not to do with the feds right now so you don't block your way back inadvertently. Finish your rehab. Stay away from that ****. Be a parent!

You are not the first, nor will you be the last pilot with a drug related offense on your record.

Well, looks like you may get off easy this time. As others have pointed out, the FAA is somewhere in the list of 'minor problems' right now. Still a good idea to get a couple of $100 worth of advice on what to do and not to do with the feds right now so you don't block your way back inadvertently. Finish your rehab. Stay away from that ****. Be a parent!

You are not the first, nor will you be the last pilot with a drug related offense on your record.

I'm really glad to some extent that this happened. I long for a structured, secure environment for my family. I mean, if there's anyway to kick start a life change, I'd have to say that this qualifies. People think that a little pot is no big deal, but it is. I feel so stupid and I don't think it's OK to just be like, "oh I am young and stupid..." I need to just own up to bad decisions and do all I can to prevent making the wrong choices in the future. I've stopped hanging with the bad crowd and started working out and going to church. If God wills me to fly again, it will be so. I appreciate everyone's help in guiding me to the right process. It's so overwhelming mentally and emotionally. It's easy to freak out.

I'm really glad to some extent that this happened. I long for a structured, secure environment for my family. I mean, if there's anyway to kick start a life change, I'd have to say that this qualifies. People think that a little pot is no big deal, but it is. I feel so stupid and I don't think it's OK to just be like, "oh I am young and stupid..." I need to just own up to bad decisions and do all I can to prevent making the wrong choices in the future. I've stopped hanging with the bad crowd and started working out and going to church. If God wills me to fly again, it will be so. I appreciate everyone's help in guiding me to the right process. It's so overwhelming mentally and emotionally. It's easy to freak out.

Keep that attitude. You're young. You have time to make things right in your life. Your family is your second most important concern right -- right after you. I know that sounds weird, but as someone more than twice your age who's gone through -- and triumphed over -- my own trials, tribulations, and vicissitudes, I've come to realize that I have to take care of myself if I want to be able to take care of others.

As an aside, some years ago I read a bumper sticker that, for me, summed up my considerable theological and religious training in one sentence: "Do what's right, and leave the consequences to God." It's helped clarify many decisions for me. I hope it does for you, as well.

Best of luck to you, kid.

-Rich

I was recently retained by an attorney in the case of a helo guy who lied. It's dragged on for seven months. This is one where AAM-1 would have just certified the ugy, but becuase I was retained by the ATTORNEY I was unable to proceed.

The poor guy has been unemployed for eight months.
He was not well served. HE was well protected, but AAM-1 was willing and he is still down. I had the whole discussion with the decisionmaker.

Sometimes the attorney is NOT the right thing. Sometimes it is.

Last edited:
No. You need to get an aviation attorney, tell him/her everything, and then listen to his/her advice -- and do nothing else until you've heard and considered that advice. Don't go sending any such letters or sending in your medical unless you don't mind having all your certificates revoked, as that is a potential outcome in this situation.

Normally I advocate handling matters with the FAA personally, especially when you don't make your living flying, but in your case, I gotta agree with Ron, get a lawyer, and since your current charge is still pending, get that cleared up first so you know what you're admitting to.

If you're not a member of AOPA, join and pay for the Attorney special thing they have. Don't you get one free call to them a year for some small amount of money?
You don't get representation for something that happened before you signed up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back