Can I put this on a 140?

Isn't that what SS1 was? Just a modified vari-eze?

Not quite, though made from the same materials. The Rocket Racing League uses Rutan Canards (don't recall if they're Vari-Eze or Long-Eze) with rocket motors.

Not quite, though made from the same materials. The Rocket Racing League uses Rutan Canards (don't recall if they're Vari-Eze or Long-Eze) with rocket motors.

My hangar neighbor just bought one of these, but I haven't seen it yet. Didn't sound like it had much range.

We all forgot the most important question

Can you afford to put one on your 140?

Well aren't you a wet blanket. I can't afford a Lamborghini either, but that could change anytime (just have to invest in lottery tickets, which is also my retirement plan).

It's the only way your getting to get it to climb.

:D

It's the only way your getting to get it to climb.

Good you put that smiley in there!! Otherwise I'd have taken that as a denigration of the Cherokee's abilty to climb.

At leat I don't need 10,543 feet of runway to take off. :D

Gary

Well aren't you a wet blanket. I can't afford a Lamborghini either, but that could change anytime (just have to invest in lottery tickets, which is also my retirement plan).

The lamboghini is probably the least expencive...

Well it's not "mine" really, it's the clubs. I only own 1/40th of it, I could just blame it on someone else "Last guy put it back like this, I swear!"

My hangar neighbor just bought one of these, but I haven't seen it yet. Didn't sound like it had much range.

The rocket airplanes certainly don't, they expend their fuel in minutes, if not seconds. The avgas burning derivatives have tremendous range. I believe Dick Rutan established an endurance record in a Long-Eze, basically flew it until he couldn't stay away anymore.

I was thinking one on each main gear leg, possibly a third atop the fuselage. Or, would that be too much to trim for? Kyle

I was thinking one on each main gear leg, possibly a third atop the fuselage. Or, would that be too much to trim for? Kyle

Well the Dragon uses 8 of them so why not? The more the merrier. They can be throttled too.

Good you put that smiley in there!! Otherwise I'd have taken that as a denigration of the Cherokee's abilty to climb.

At leat I don't need 10,543 feet of runway to take off. :D

Gary

I was speaking from personal experience, and yes a lot of :) in there as well. Yours as we know can actually get airborne. As for my current ride's runway requirements. We ALL know that a towplane is required on anything shorter than Andrews AFB. :wink2:

Back