Can I pass medical with pain meds,

U

Unregistered

specifically, injections for back pain. The doctor says they are non-narcotic but is not familiar with FAA rules. Assuming this works how long must I be off pain pills before it is no longer a disqualifying matter. The condition is mild disc issues and moderate root nerve arthritis (I think I understand it) Thank you.

I think you'll need to be more specific on what it is you're being injected with. Dr Bruce is on vacation so it may be a couple of days, but he was in the pain management field.

Toradol IM? You're going to have to name the med, I'm too worn out to stump the chump.

Re: Can I pass medical with back pain injection

I have an appointment with the injection doctor next week to discuss. I don't know what he will propose, that is why I was starting my questions. Are there generally used back pain injections that are acceptable to the FAA? I understand my problem is primarily arthritis impinging on the nerve, with mild disc anomolies. I am just learning that the medical world is tougher than the LOP v. ROP debates.

Assuming I can transition to an acceptable treatment, how long does one need to be off of Percosette to regain FAA medical? Thanks.

Oh, you're talking depomedrol 80 mgms, in the epidural space. Down for a week, and back up in the air....

2 years is plenty for off Percocet.....

The lesson to be learned from this thread is know what drugs your doc is putting in your body . . .

if you have a bad reaction and end up in the ER with a bad allergic reaction, it would be really nice if you knew what you were taking -

Oh, you're talking depomedrol 80 mgms, in the epidural space. Down for a week, and back up in the air....

2 years is plenty for off Percocet.....

He's been on the percies for two years, he wants to know how long he needs to get off them.

I'd say 3 days after you quit puking, cramping and shaking, you're pretty good.

Yes, been on Percosette for a while, hoping to switch to injections to regain medical 3d class.

What injections are being put into your body?

And also have you have been taking narcotics for 2 years [percocet?] - 2 YEARS?

So are taking how many 5mg Hydrocodone and 325 mg of acetaminophen?

You have a liver function test recently?

Stopping those drugs ain't gonna be pretty. You are gonna need some help there

Last edited:
Yes, been on Percosette for a while, hoping to switch to injections to regain medical 3d class.
I misread your middle post.

You need to be off 90 days when you've been on that long. Addiction and tolerance become issues for truly getting off....and that's got to be documentable, like, all meds returned to the doc, none left in the cabinet. I had numerous patients who would stockpile and FAA isn't dumb.

What injections are being put into your body?

And also have you have been taking narcotics for 2 years [percocet?] - 2 YEARS?

Percocet is just a hopped up Tylenol with some oxycodone. Nerve pain is a mother ****er, the Tylenol part is harsh, that's why I was on straight oxycodone, none of the kidney issues. I finally got disgusted with it all and had surgery.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back