Can anyone identify this plant?

RJM62

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Geek on the Hill
I planted a bunch of different kinds of seeds and rhizomes in this little patch of shade where nothing wanted to grow except crabgrass.

A couple of days ago, however I noticed these guys, who seem to like it there. They're about three or four inches tall at present, and growing like, well, weeds. But I have no idea what they are, nor even whether they're one of the things I planted.

Either way, I'd like to know what they are because pretty much anything that grows in that little patch and doesn't need to be mowed or weed-whacked will earn my friendship and loyalty -- even if it's a weed.

I also notice the wild strawberries... does anyone know which variety of strawberry is most invasive? I'm less concerned about the fruit than the ground cover. The fruit I can buy at Price Chopper.

There's something decidedly Zen about gardening, by the way. It's not something I've ever done seriously before, but I'm starting to get into it. It does wonders for my stress level and my blood sugar, too.

Thanks,

Rich

EDIT: Forgot to add the pictures. DOH!

Attachments

• 0508131226.jpg
    0508131226.jpg
    216.6 KB · Views: 59
  • 0508131226a.jpg
    0508131226a.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Generally broad leafy plants like that are indicative of a wetlands habitat. Now that you've created one, you cannot grade or remove vegetation without a permit.

Well those won't bush out very much.. They're either saplings or kind of tall lanky weeds. Either way, it's a dicotyledon and will probably yield flowers. Weeds at my house get pulled before they're big enough to identify.

Well those won't bush out very much.. They're either saplings or kind of tall lanky weeds. Either way, it's a dicotyledon and will probably yield flowers. Weeds at my house get pulled before they're big enough to identify.

Well... if they're pretty weeds, I can live with them. :lol:

-Rich

Back