Can 4 seat Sierra be converted to have the optional 3rd row?

Corey Enderle

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Corey
Calling all knowledgeable Beech owners or A&Ps...., I need some advice...

My desired mission is traveling with a family of 2 adults and 3 kids, without paying the big bucks for a legit 6 seater. As you may know, the Beechcraft A24R Sierra came with a 3rd row option for small people in the back (~240lb total weight limit). It looks like ~1/3 of Sierra models had that option.

Does anyone know, can a 4 seat Sierra have the 3rd row installed using parts from a parted out plane? In other words..., are the seat, belts, footwell, and related structures "bolt on" in such a way that they could be removed and swapped to another plane?

As a follow up question..., What paperwork would be needed to make the upgrade compliant? (new POH, STC, etc)

Thanks!
Corey

the tcds shows which serial numbers that the seats are allowed in. the service manual and parts manual will show what parts are required to be installed. since i do not have copies of those manuals, the paper work could be as little as a log book entry and a weight and balance update. or, could require a 337 or two depending on what had to be installed.
bob

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, this is very helpful advice...!

I believe I found the TCDS. It is page 13 (section VIII) and page 14 (section IX) in this file. (Beech "A1CE")
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulator...d7f399f6281d2886257385006956a0/$FILE/A1CE.pdf

Can you take a look at this and give my your high-level interpretation regarding whether it might restrict/allow putting the 3rd row seats in? The TCDS has the 4 seaters and 6 seaters lumped together. If I'm reading this right, any of the following serial number would be eligible to be configured either way.

VIII -
Model A24R, Sierra 200, 4 or 6 PCLM
Serial Nos. eligible
MC-2 through MC-150

IX -
Model B24R, Sierra 200, 4 or 6 PCLM
Model C24R, Sierra 200, 4 or 6 PC
Serial Nos. eligible
MC-152 through MC-448, MC-450, MC-451 - Model B24R
MC-449, MC-452 and up - Model C24R

Thanks!
Corey

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the reply, this is very helpful advice...!

I believe I found the TCDS. It is page 13 (section VIII) and page 14 (section IX) in this file. (Beech "A1CE")
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulator...d7f399f6281d2886257385006956a0/$FILE/A1CE.pdf

Can you take a look at this and give my your high-level interpretation regarding whether it might restrict/allow putting the 3rd row seats in? The TCDS has the 4 seaters and 6 seaters lumped together. If I'm reading this right, any of the following serial number would be eligible to be configured either way.

VIII -
Model A24R, Sierra 200, 4 or 6 PCLM
Serial Nos. eligible
MC-2 through MC-150

IX -
Model B24R, Sierra 200, 4 or 6 PCLM
Model C24R, Sierra 200, 4 or 6 PC
Serial Nos. eligible
MC-152 through MC-448, MC-450, MC-451 - Model B24R
MC-449, MC-452 and up - Model C24R

Thanks!
Corey
yes, if you have a a24r or a b24r and it is one of those serial numbers it can have the extra row of seats. I do not have the manuals on those so I can't guess what is required to install them. it could be just simply bolting them in an doing the paperwork, or it could entail riveting in parts and the paperwork that goes with that. sorry, I can't help more with that. if you can find someone with the parts manual and maintenance manual for those models it should be easy to figure it out.

bob

Hi Corey,
I’m interested in if you found a way to install a 3rd seat in your Sierra? I have a Sierra and a similar family situation and am looking to install a 3rd row in my plane.
Thanks
Mike

Back