Camping options

tonycondon

Gastons CRO (Chief Dinner Reservation Officer)
Display Name

Display name:
Tony
OK the prospect of not making it for at least a weekend is really biting at me. A ride is not materializing so far. Im considering driving. Will likely pick Leah up in RFD and drive up from there. Is it possible to carry in our tent in and camp with a friend under an unused wing? or are we stuck with Scoller or however you spell it? what are costs?

Last year I set up camp in Scholler then called a friend to let him know I'd arrived. He said, "pack up your stuff and meet us at the gate" (the gate to vintage aircraft camping).

I wound up leaving my car in Scholler, but camped with the rest of my EAA chapter beneath a grove of trees and surrounded by old airplanes.
(Can you say, "heaven on earth"?)

OK the prospect of not making it for at least a weekend is really biting at me. A ride is not materializing so far. Im considering driving. Will likely pick Leah up in RFD and drive up from there. Is it possible to carry in our tent in and camp with a friend under an unused wing? or are we stuck with Scoller or however you spell it? what are costs?

I've got a spare wing, Tony. :yes:

Back