Camping in California

Hmmm. Have the plane Saturday and didn't even think about Shelter Cove since it is so tricky to get in and out of. How far to walk to the pretty beaches from the plane? Don't think I had time to when we were there with POA members.

Hmmm. Have the plane Saturday and didn't even think about Shelter Cove since it is so tricky to get in and out of. How far to walk to the pretty beaches from the plane? Don't think I had time to when we were there with POA members.

You could probably throw a rock to them from the parking area.

The black sand beach is roughly a 15 min walk from the airport.

Hmm, you missed the good stuff on that visit ;) there are beaches on either side of the runway. Black Sand Beach, which is actually black pebbles, is generally uninhabited and very beautiful. It is almost a mile from the North side of the runway. There is a more popular beach, which is actually black sand, maybe a quarter mile from the South side. The downside, is there are all kinds of people running around on their ATVs and stuff on the South side, but it is still a pretty beach, I much prefer Black Sand Beach, though. Did you catch the tide pools, just North of the restaurant we all ate at?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Back