Camping at Oshkosh

DavidWhite

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
DW
I'll be camping at the warbird camping area starting Sunday night, there are only 3 crew members that are camping and I really don't know anyone else. Is there a place that I can hang out at after the day winds down and I'm not ready to sleep?

Yep, lots and lots lol. People are wandering around planes in the night and there are social programs as well. You'll be pretty tired from walking 15 miles. I had a great spot at the end of the row just to the south of I-195.

You might want to check out the SOS Brother's beer place in the evenings.

http://www.sosbrosbeerventure.com/index.html

It's at one of the private residences on Waukau Ave, just west of the bus terminal, but across the street. There's supposed to be a hole in the fence at the west end of the homebuilt camping area (where all the Van's RVs camp) near the cellphone towers that might prove to be a shortcut if you're walking from the warbird camping area. Look for the big yellow helium balloon on a tether floatig above their place.

Last edited:
You might want to check out the SOS Brother's beer place in the evenings.

http://www.sosbrosbeerventure.com/index.html

It's at one of the private residences on Waukau Ave, just west of the bus terminal, but across the street. There's supposed to be a hole in the fence at the west end of the homebuilt camping area (where all the Van's RVs camp) near the cellphone towers that might prove to be a shortcut if you're walking from the warbird camping area. Look for the big yellow helium balloon on a tether floatig above their place.

I'm not 21, so unless they don't check IDs or dont care, that place is out.

I'm not 21, so unless they don't check IDs or dont care, that place is out.

They'll only check ID if you try to purchase beer. It's also a restaurant, so food and soft drinks are served too. They even offer "kids meals" on the menu. The waitresses are college co-eds wearing bikini tops and daisy duke shorts. They'll also have a live band each night too.
6221083.jpg

Come see us out in the North 40, David. We'll be there all week, and we hang out every evening, watching arrivals and lying about our flying adventures.

We leave in the morning. See ya up there!

I think you've mistaken something... Oshkosh never "winds down" (well maybe between 3 am and 5 am) there are movies going on, bands in the theater in the woods and more parties then you can shake a stick at.

Im on my way now. Left yesterday and hoping to Arrive today at the north 40

I've camped in the North 40 and at Camp Scholler, and found that Scholler was a way better place. There's just a lot more services within easy walking distance.

When I was in the North 40 I really missed access to the convenience store and that breakfast buffet the fat greek guy put on.

I rather have to park in the North 40, as I really can't eat at the air show. There are a few restaurants within an easy walk of the North 40. I prefer vintage, but I would have to bring sufficient vittles to last the week, which is well nigh impossible with a passenger.

The new restaurant and bar In the N40 this year ROCKS.

Score one for High tower!

I rather have to park in the North 40, as I really can't eat at the air show. There are a few restaurants within an easy walk of the North 40. I prefer vintage, but I would have to bring sufficient vittles to last the week, which is well nigh impossible with a passenger.

There was a new (?) Buy-A-Ride service this year... Vans into town running around kinda like cabs. (Probably no cab license so had to call it the creative name.) Just a thought.

The new restaurant and bar In the N40 this year ROCKS.

Score one for High tower!

Is that those large tents just west of the showers? Oops. On my way back to my truck yesterday, a woman asked where the beer tent was, and I said that isn't any beer on the grounds, but directed her to SOS.

Back