Campfire?

skyflyer8

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skyflyr
Last year Upper Michigan was pretty much a dried-up tinderbox due to the drought.

This year, if the airport remains golf-course-like, or at least is not drought-stricken, would it be possible to have a campfire / bonfire? It would have to be somewhere well away from the planes, of course.

Personally I would have a lot more fun sitting around a campfire in the evening than in a bar. (That's just me.) It just felt like something was missing from the whole camping experience last year. But that was understandable considering we didn't want to burn the forest down.

The year before last we had plenty of fire. I don't think there is a problem with it as long as there isn't a ban because of a dry forest.

Didn't we have enough fire at Gaston's?:dunno::goofy:

Actually, a campfire sounds like fun!

I'd be happy to drop a few incendiaries if you need a fire. ;)

I agree, I'd far prefer a campfire to a bar! :yes:

Well, if we go with a campfire as opposed to the bar, we have to make sure we have some sort of Karaoke setup for Tony and Rachel. :yes:

AS long as the U.S.Forest Service doesn't ban fires as they did last year ,we will have a campfire. I've dug up plenty of rock while dozing the west end extension to make a nice fire ring. We'll have plenty of firewood from the tree's taken out with the widening. Add a little 100LL and presto a instant campfire.:hairraise:

Who said you can't have a bar AT the campfire?:D

What, are you expecting me to bring a case of wine to 6Y9 now, too? :D

Back