Camarillo area pireps?

drummer4468

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
drummer4468
Hey all,

So my job sent me out to California for a couple weeks, and seeing how many planes I'm seeing buzzing around, I'd be terribly remiss if I didn't at least try to fly while I'm here. Can anyone point me somewhere nearby to rent a decent, (relatively) cheap VFR machine for a flight or two? Not opposed to kicking in a few bucks if an owner wants to buzz around as well, or even rent me their plane. I tossed my headset in my bag "just in case" so I'm all set with that.

Afternoons and this weekend are my best approximate availability. Closest fields are CMA, OXR, and SZP.

Thanks

I'm sure you could rent from Channel Islands Aviation at CMA. They're a Cessna center.

As others have mentioned, CP Aviation would be more fun if you're looking for something different. They do primary training (still in 150s for those on a budget!), but specialize in tailwheel, acro and upset training. Plus SZP is just a very cool little airport with a ton of aviation history.

C.

The input is much appreciated. Definitely toying with the idea with getting my feet wet with both tailwheel training and/or acro, if I can fit it in my budget. I'll make a few calls to find the rental rates.

Thanks!

Back