For Sale Calling all Pilots! - $74.95 Single Engine Cowl Plugs Deal

GotPlugz

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
GotPlugz
We will be offering all single engine cowl plugs for $74.95 + FREE S&H to lower 48 US States.

This includes the following:
(1) Single Engine Cowl Plugs Set
(1) 12" Attached Remove Before Flight Streamer
(2) 10" Safety Flags
(1) Pitot Tube Cover (Booty or Blade Type)
(1) Free Custom Embroidery of your Aircraft Tail # on (1) plug in either Black or White.
- Option for 2nd plug embroidery for an up charge fee of $5.00

Contact Us for this Deal
sales@gotplugz.com

Please provide the following information.
Year
Make
Model
S/N
Tail Number
Color of Embroidery
Additional Plug Embroidery: Yes or No

Whatcha got for the fishbowl Turbo Lance/Turbo Togas of 78-81 vintage? Pics, material type, etc...
We will be offering all single engine cowl plugs for $74.95 + FREE S&H to lower 48 US States.

(2) 10" Safety Flags
(1) Free Custom Embroidery of your Aircraft Tail # on (1) plug in either Black or White.

Contact Us for this Deal
sales@gotplugz.com

Year
Make
Model
S/N
Tail Number
Color of Embroidery

Patterns for any twins (Twin Bonanza, specifically)?

Patterns for any twins (Twin Bonanza, specifically)?

Sorry, but we currently do not carry any patterns for the Twin Bonanza.
If you are willing to send us a cut out of the twin bonanza cowling, We can offer you a 25% discount from the $74.95 price we're advertising here on POA. Now since this would be a Twin engine, we will offer you a 25% off the cost of (2) single engine plugs. Total of $112.42 + S&H which already includes the 25% off.

Whatcha got for the fishbowl Turbo Lance/Turbo Togas of 78-81 vintage? Pics, material type, etc...

We currently do not carry the patterns for the fishbowl cowling, but if you are able to provide us with the measurements. All we need is height and width, we can use those measurements to make the plug. In exchange for the measurements of the cowling, and if you can also provide us with a few pictures of the plugs once install on your aircraft. We can offer you a 25% discount from the $74.95 price we're advertising here on POA.

2019-09-08 18_17_49-IMGP1254-large.jpg (JPEG Image, 1024 × 768 pixels) - Scaled (94%).png

What about Air vents on c182G. I’m referring to the air inlets on the leading edge. Thanks, Pat

(2) 10" Safety Flags

Contact Us for this Deal
sales@gotplugz.com

Year
Make
Model
S/N
Tail Number
Color of Embroidery

2007 Sportcruiser?

We currently do not carry the patterns for the fishbowl cowling, but if you are able to provide us with the measurements. All we need is height and width, we can use those measurements to make the plug. In exchange for the measurements of the cowling, and if you can also provide us with a few pictures of the plugs once install on your aircraft. We can offer you a 25% discount from the $74.95 price we're advertising here on POA.

View attachment 77657

Been a rough week.... I'll get out to the plane tomorrow. 14 hour days and I'm spent.

I ordered a set, I’ll post some pics when they get in.

In a world of ADSB, not possible....

..no comment

049402-D7-5497-4-AF3-AD37-7-F6-C27-F728-D5.jpg

(2) 10" Safety Flags

Contact Us for this Deal
sales@gotplugz.com

Year
Make
Model
S/N
Tail Number
Color of Embroidery

What type of material is used? Filler? Reflective striping?

View attachment 77657

My complaint with this one is that if it gets bumped or a gust of wind hits it just right on the ramp, it will pop inboard. It needs some sort of coping on the forward edge, or my suggestion is that on the sides, a concave depression is carved in the sides of the foam with the aft lip lower than than the forward lip. This allows it to slip in and stay, but the larger lip in the front prevents it from going right through all together. Totally makes it more of a form fit as it the intake lip is resting in a grove in the cowl plug, kind of like an o-ring groove or piston ring does. Make sense to you what I mean?

Alright... Here we go:

PA32RT-300T Cowl Plug.jpg

It's made of Sunbrella with a zipper on the back to remove the foam. Same fabric my Planecovers.com cover is made from. Pretty heavy duty material. Another gripe is the N number is stick on, not embroidered.

Last edited:
My complaint with this one is that if it gets bumped or a gust of wind hits it just right on the ramp, it will pop inboard. It needs some sort of coping on the forward edge, or my suggestion is that on the sides, a concave depression is carved in the sides of the foam with the aft lip lower than than the forward lip. This allows it to slip in and stay, but the larger lip in the front prevents it from going right through all together. Totally makes it more of a form fit as it the intake lip is resting in a grove in the cowl plug, kind of like an o-ring groove or piston ring does. Make sense to you what I mean?

Alright... Here we go:

View attachment 77806

It's made of Sunbrella with a zipper on the back to remove the foam. Same fabric my Planecovers.com cover is made from. Pretty heavy duty material. Another gripe is the N number is stick on, not embroidered.

Haven’t got mine yet, but looks like Naugahyde with some pipping around the edges.

https://www.gotplugz.com/Piper.PA-28R-201.Arrow.III.Single.Engine.Cowl.Plug

Big one for me is a strap connecting the plugs that is long enough to go around a prop blade, so if somehow your brain fart and try to start up it’ll toss the plugs.

Got em in the mail.

They seem well built, YKK zippers on the backs that even have a hoop to stow the zipper, stitching and embroidery looks nice, I did opt out of having the flags on mine.

Fit wise, they are a little tight, but I’d wager they’ll wear in as the foam squishes down.

Over all happy, though I was charged CA sales tax even though I don’t live there and didn’t have it shipped to CA.

577-DD9-FA-155-B-427-F-AE7-E-45-E0826-AC44-C.jpg

D5-E40-A9-E-AC7-B-4-E9-F-9624-1-CDB1-F1-D5-C85.jpg

Last edited:
I don’t think a flag would do anything for me...... it'd have to be 3 feet tall!

Back