Calling all Georgia Pilots (cross-post from the red board!)

tdager

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
LittleIronPilot
First, to the PoA staff, I hope this is appropriate as it is certainly about bettering general aviation and there is NO money involved!

-------------------------------------------------------------
Georgia pilots, the Georgia Pilots Association wants you!

OK...the "clubhouse" is built, with new cool things being added all the time (simply check out the weather link on www.georgiapilots.org and see the videos for local conditions!).

However it is time to move this to the next level...and that is going to involve you, interested Georgia pilots.

Yup, YOU need to help out, as this is for and by Georgia pilots.

So, to get more people involved and making decisions we are going to put together a Board of Directors.

We need some people who share the vision of a vibrant association that supports and promotes GA in Georgia. Some initial tasks to be accomplished will be:

(1) define what the group is trying to accomplish
(2) develop dialogs and events that make people want to join in
(3) divide up some of the duties (i.e. recruitment, record keeping, planning, outreach, etc.)

It has been suggested that one of our first orders will be to put some fly-ins together so that people can get to know each other better. Could even be a few beer calls at some local hangouts, with hangar flying only of course!

So if you are willing to help and want to help grow something that I think will become a positive force for GA in Georgia, please visit www.georgiapilots.org, or contact me here on PoA.

Thanks!

Tom Dager
Founder - Georgia Pilots Association

First, to the PoA staff, I hope this is appropriate as it is certainly about bettering general aviation and there is NO money involved!
What was that line a couple weeks ago about paying off your plane faster? :D

I dug up some stuff on the national level. I'll email the links and contact information to you tonight. There may or may not be some help there in spreading the word.

Thanks Ken. I am finding that working with pilots is like herding cats! LOL

There need to be a North Carolina Pilot Association, I'm surprised their isn't one seeing how North Carolina is the state that hosted the first powered flight.

Back