Calendar questions

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Now that I posted the Gaston's fly-in on the calendar, I want to go back and add the web site for the fly-in. How do I do that?

Does everybody see what I posted, or just me?

Thanks!

:)

Diana said:
Now that I posted the Gaston's fly-in on the calendar, I want to go back and add the web site for the fly-in. How do I do that?

Thanks!

I can see it.

Hi Diana,

Everyone sees your calendar entry after you post it.

To edit it, select the event link to look at the entry. Go to the Event Options drop down menu on the right and select Edit Event. You can then edit or delete the event as desired.

Brian Austin said:
Hi Diana,

Everyone sees your calendar entry after you post it.

To edit it, select the event link to look at the entry. Go to the Event Options drop down menu on the right and select Edit Event. You can then edit or delete the event as desired.

Hi Brian,

Thanks, I'll go play with it.

Hmmmm. I don't get the option of "event options". Maybe I posted it wrong?

I probably have some tweaking to do permissions wise, give me a couple minutes and try again...

Ok, the permissions were not set correctly. Diana, try again to edit your calendar entry. :)

Chuck Haeberle said:
Ok, the permissions were not set correctly. Diana, try again to edit your calendar entry. :)

Yay! It worked this time.

Thanks Chuck :)

Diana said:
Yay! It worked this time.

Thanks Chuck :)

Thanks from here as well!

Regarding the Calendar, is there a default date on the 'event reminder' option for calendar items? IOW, when we ask for a reminder, when are we reminded and is that value user-configurable?

Regards,

Kevin Wilkerson
Evansville, IN

Good question Kevin - let me look into that - the forum help documentation isn't specific - I'll have to get back to you.

Hmm. Ok - apparently the calendar reminder feature is currently vaporware. The link is there but it doesn't do anything.

As time permits I'll look into some of the user support groups and see if anyone has 'hacks' which make it work.

Thanks for the quick response, Chuck! I hope this doesn't turn into a 'day job' (unless the pay is really good!).

If you require assistance with maintenance, donations for hosting, etc., please let me know. I'm available and generally around a PC day and night and don't currently have a 'flying' project to sink ALL (just most) of my available funds into.

Regards,

Kevin

Diana said:

Thanks!

Diana, you're going to promote that fly-in so much it'll overwhelm those poor people at Gastons!

That reminds me!

I've added a "Location" field to the calendar. Diana, if you go in to your Gastons event and edit it, down near the submit button you'll find a "Location" field. Could you put something appropriate in that value and let me know when you have? I have no idea how it's going to be displayed yet. :)

Ken Ibold said:
Diana, you're going to promote that fly-in so much it'll overwhelm those poor people at Gastons!

"By the time I got to Woodstock they were half a million strong. Everywhere there was song and celebration." :D

Ken Ibold said:

Ken, You still planning on coming? I was hoping you'd take me flying :)

Looks like we have three Citabrias and one Champ so far.

Carol said:
"By the time I got to Woodstock they were half a million strong. Everywhere there was song and celebration." :D

Carol! I love it! :D

It all starts with somebody yelling "Hey, man, let's have a party!"

Greebo said:
That reminds me!

I've added a "Location" field to the calendar. Diana, if you go in to your Gastons event and edit it, down near the submit button you'll find a "Location" field. Could you put something appropriate in that value and let me know when you have? I have no idea how it's going to be displayed yet. :)

Consider it done.

Diana said:
Ken, You still planning on coming? I was hoping you'd take me flying :)

I'm going to try. It depends on the move, the weather, the wife, the job ...

But I'm working on it.

Diana said:
Consider it done.
Cool - looks good where it puts the info - click on the link and its right up top.

I think a good "Calendar Hack" would be for a calendar event to be tied to its own thread, and vice versa. I'll have to see if anything like that exists. :)

Back