CACI question for Dr. Bruce.

AggieMike88

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
The original "I don't know it all" of aviation.
Dr. Bruce, a question about the new CACI certification for Diabetes Type II...

Is this this something that needs to be done with me being in person with the AME to receive the CACI blessing and off if the SI?

This year is my "off" year where I could send in the info to OKC and get the medical by mail. But since my fingertip numbers have been real good (averaging in the one-teens, even in the mornings), I really want to make a push for the CACI blessing.

I don't mind doing the office visit if that gets it done. But when you announced the new protocol this past spring, I don't remember if you said "must be in office" or not.

---------------------

PS to the other diabetics here... I've sorta cracked the code for getting my morning number below 120... 1-1/2 dill pickle spear for my before bed snack with a small spoonful of peanut butter for the protein. I've read on the Diabetes.org forum that the pickle and vinegar are a good choice to replace a bad snack, and something with the vinegar keeps your liver in a more "neutral gear" and not doing a glucose flood while you sleep or when you wake up.

Add this to a carb-reduced diet, buying a push reel mower, and recognizing the treadmill wasn't purchased to hang clothes on is making a difference.

Here is what Bruce told me in May . . .

In the off year the only way an AME can issue you off the SI (under "CACI" - 2 years) is with an exam. So this works against you. I'm sooo hoping that in 2014 you can be issued "off the SI"…..A1c of 6.5 FBG 125 or less….metformin or nothing for meds.

So far A1c is coming in on target... 14 day trend has me at 122 which according to this A1c calculator, I'm estimating below 6.0.

My next question is about the official blood draw at the path lab. Say I was to stick my finger right before I went in and got a reading of 110-115. Would the draw from my arm reflect the same reading?

So far A1c is coming in on target... 14 day trend has me at 122 which according to this A1c calculator, I'm estimating below 6.0.

My next question is about the official blood draw at the path lab. Say I was to stick my finger right before I went in and got a reading of 110-115. Would the draw from my arm reflect the same reading?
Depends on how warm you skin is and in which direction the glucose was changing....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back