Cable Air Show 2017 January 14-15.

Vance Breese

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Vance Breese
I am getting ready to fly The Predator in the 41st Annual Cable Air Show.

The National Weather Service is showing a 49% chance of light rain for Thursday January 12 at Santa Maria.

Practice day is Friday January 13 with a 26% chance of rain in Upland.

I will be watching the weather closely as my departure date nears.

There doesn’t appear to be snow on the mountains at this time but I expect that to change.

The kids and grandkids are going to be in town so Ed is going to be enjoying being grandma. I will be on my own without ground transportation in Upland.

This will be my fifth time flying in the Cable Air show and it is my favorite Air Show.

The Predator is always well received and parties at the end of each day are a great chance to visit with old friend and meet new ones.

I feel a part of the Cable family and enjoy that a lot.

I hope to see some of you there.

Here are some pictures from last year’s show.

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    187.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 22
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    125.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 24
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 23
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    143.7 KB · Views: 21
Cable Airport is a special place. I love flying out of there. Very soon I will be done with my "work every single weekend" job and should be able to meet more people. Great people there.

Friday and the weekend are looking dry, so it might be good flying WX! My plane will be there... I think one of the partners of my plane will take it there. I might fly up in the school's rental Remos or super-slab it in the family truckster if they want to go along. If I make it out there, it would be great to catch up with other POAers!

My weather challenge is the departure from Santa Maria (KSMX). At this time the national weather service is predicting a 56%chance of rain for Thursday and practice is on Friday so I would like to leave Thursday to get in before the TFR begins. Friday, Saturday and Sunday are looking good now at Cable (KCCB). I fly an open aircraft so if it rains I get wet. I just replaced my transponder because it got wet.

I'll stop by and say hello on Saturday. Some friends and I are gonna buy a ride in the DC-3 this year.

I hope the weather cooperates for you.

Yeah, I see that thing buzzing the field all day! Very cool. But DC-3's about $100, versus $300 for the T-6.

For the first time in a long time, I have the weekend free.

I'll be there, probably helping to man the Foothill Flying Club booth.

Good show! Vance, nice flying with the gyrocopter...crazy how slow you can land. The announcer said you crashed at Bonneville in a streamliner motorcycle at 265 mph. Glad you're still around!! :eek:

Best part was the repeated fly-bys of the B-25, and I never get tired of seeing three polished PT-22s pop-pop-popping around in formation. Wish I had brought the good camera.

The DC-3 wasn't giving rides, so maybe next year.

Back