Cabin length on a Cherokee 235...

LBCAK

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
LBCAK
Anyone know the cabin length on a Cherokee 235?

Need to know if a set of skis will fit in there, about 5.8 feet long...

I can find height and width of them, but not length of the usable cabin space.

Thanks!
Cody

Depends on the year. My '74 Pathfinder (Cherokee 235) has a cabin that will easily accommodate skis by extending them between the back seats into the baggage compartment.

Pre-'73 models, built before the fuselage stretch, with a bench-style back seat? Probably not.

Depends on the year. My '74 Pathfinder (Cherokee 235) has a cabin that will easily accommodate skis by extending them between the back seats into the baggage compartment.

Pre-'73 models, built before the fuselage stretch, with a bench-style back seat? Probably not.

One is a 1966 PA-28-235, that's the one I will be taking. The other one is a 1964. I will have to see when the stretch was done. We have the extended baggage above the actual baggage too, so I am hopeful.

EDIT: Oops, "pre-73" pretty much answers that question!

For anyone in the future looking to put skis in a pre-73 Cherokee, we were able to fit 6' length skis from the extended baggage shelf, over the rear seats, and just behind the pilot seat. Tied them down so they wouldn't move and they flew fine.

Also, Telluride is an incredible place to fly into and ski. I's move there if I was ever looking to leave Carbondale...

For anyone in the future looking to put skis in a pre-73 Cherokee, we were able to fit 6' length skis from the extended baggage shelf, over the rear seats, and just behind the pilot seat. Tied them down so they wouldn't move and they flew fine.

Also, Telluride is an incredible place to fly into and ski. I's move there if I was ever looking to leave Carbondale...

Im assuming you flew the 235 into Telluride. How did it handle the altitude? What kind of load did you depart with?

Im assuming you flew the 235 into Telluride. How did it handle the altitude? What kind of load did you depart with?

500# of humans. 50# of cargo. 300# fuel. Mod turb airmet. Bumpy flight, bumpy landing, but only because of the winds swirling. The plane did excellent though.

..... Bumpy flight, bumpy landing, but only because of the winds swirling. The plane did excellent though.

Sounds like a normal day of flying in /around the mountians...:yes:..

Glad you guys /gals had fun..... GA scores another victory..;)

Anyone know the cabin length on a Cherokee 235?

Need to know if a set of skis will fit in there, about 5.8 feet long...

I can find height and width of them, but not length of the usable cabin space.

Thanks!
Cody

I have this funny image in my mind of a pair of ski tips sitting on the glare shield right under the whiskey compass, and the rest of the skis running across the top of the seats into the baggage compartment. :)

I have this funny image in my mind of a pair of ski tips sitting on the glare shield right under the whiskey compass, and the rest of the skis running across the top of the seats into the baggage compartment. :)

My trip this last weekend in my Cherokee 140 had them going from the back of the hat shelf and lying on top of passenger seat. Fortunately, it was just me in the plane. They may have fit between the seats, but that would have probably trapped me in, if I had to escape for some reason.

I wouldn't have flown them if I couldn't keep them behind me, for the same reason the above guy said. If I had to get out in a hurry I didn't want to have to clip in...

The cabin length is about 7.5 feet from the extended baggage to the instrument panels. The skis we took were almost exactly 6 feet in length. So they fit with room to spare. We also had 2 snowboards in there, it worked surprisingly well. I'm planning a trip to either Steamboat or somewhere else with deep snow...

I wouldn't have flown them if I couldn't keep them behind me, for the same reason the above guy said. If I had to get out in a hurry I didn't want to have to clip in...

The cabin length is about 7.5 feet from the extended baggage to the instrument panels. The skis we took were almost exactly 6 feet in length. So they fit with room to spare. We also had 2 snowboards in there, it worked surprisingly well. I'm planning a trip to either Steamboat or somewhere else with deep snow...

Come on up to Jackson Hole........ We have a decent snowpack....:yes:

Back