Cabin Led Lights

How about replacing the incandescent bulb in your existing overhead fixture with an LED? Superbrightleds.com have a vast variety for sale. I've even heard a rumor that it's possible to directly replace ancient panel lights with LEDs. I think the stick-on lights would look a little tacky (pun intended).

I have LEDs installed in my overhead . Loved them.

How about replacing the incandescent bulb in your existing overhead fixture with an LED? Superbrightleds.com have a vast variety for sale. I've even heard a rumor that it's possible to directly replace ancient panel lights with LEDs. I think the stick-on lights would look a little tacky (pun intended).

I tried but the housing unit the bulb sits in is part fot he problem as they were not made well and work intermittently.

Look at the red LED gooseneck lamps for music stands. Runs on two AA batteries and clips just about anywhere. We have them in the 182 and work well when the panel lights misbehave.

I know a guy who did this :) and the problem is that the LED bulbs only have one brightness and you can not dim or brighten the bulb with the rheostat. It's either on or off. I also noticed the bulb was not near as bright as an incandescent. Maybe I'm missing something but this was the experience..

I know a guy who did this :) and the problem is that the LED bulbs only have one brightness and you can not dim or brighten the bulb with the rheostat. It's either on or off. I also noticed the bulb was not near as bright as an incandescent. Maybe I'm missing something but this was the experience..

That's not my experience. My LED panel lights dim well. The plane also has solid state dimmers.

LEDs dim as well, if not better, than incandescents. Just like incandescents, you can buy dim or bright LEDs. And cost is concomitant with brightness.

Jim

Rumor has it that an original 1978 Piper dimmer works great, and that the LEDs are even brighter than the ancient incandescent bulbs they replaced. Less heat. Less current. Winning.

That's not my experience. My LED panel lights dim well. The plane also has solid state dimmers.

Which LED bulbs did you buy? I have an old 310 that I replaced the dome lights and the fuel selector light. The lights I replaced with a dimmer switch won't dim. It's either on or off.

Which LED bulbs did you buy? I have an old 310 that I replaced the dome lights and the fuel selector light. The lights I replaced with a dimmer switch won't dim. It's either on or off.

I don't know which bulbs you need there. I'm talking about the post lights. Spruce sells them for about $6 each.

I got the part number out of the part catalog from Diamond seeing it is for a DA-40. I don't recall the exact part number but it was also listed on the diamond forum and I purchased the bulbs from bulbtown.com . These are overhead reading lights in the plane not flood lights for the instrument panel. I'm going to give the goose neck lights a try they seem perfect for mounting to the glare shield on the plane

I don't know which bulbs you need there. I'm talking about the post lights. Spruce sells them for about $6 each.

OK I am referring to the OP's comment of overhead lights, not post lights in the instrument panel. I can't find an LED bulb to replace the old style bulbs used in the overhead/flood/etc that can be dimmed.

Back