C310 trip

WRXflyer

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
ChrisWRX
Hey guys,

Im brand new to PoA so a little bit about me. Current a college junior with my Commercial AMEL and ASEL and IR. Im originally from NH but going to school down here in sunny Jax:).

Now about the trip. Me and a few friends from school all of whom are Commercial mult and Instrument Rated and we are renting a Cessna 310 for a weekend trip up to ISP out of KCRG. We got a great deal on a dry rate for the 310. Now we are in the planning stages and trying to find a cheap fuel stop. Do yall have any suggestions on the cheapest fuel about half way between the two?

Thanks,
Chris

Dunno but 100LL.com is your friend when it comes to finding cheap gas.

Wakefield VA, KAKQ, is currently $4.99 and looks like one of the cheapest in the area. Looks like there's not a lot around there, but cheap fuel.

Chris,

If you have Foreflight, goto the Map and on the drop down, select 100LL fuel. It will show you fuel prices along your route.

All the best,
Darren

Chris,

If you have Foreflight, goto the Map and on the drop down, select 100LL fuel. It will show you fuel prices along your route.

All the best,
Darren
Any guesses where I went to get the data I posted? :wink2:

Ah see foreflight. Im still one of those people who use paper and dont have an IPAD. What is all that fancy technology? Kinda funny since im only 19. But thanks for the heads up guys with 100ll.com and the KAKQ. the trip is planned for mid november but we are trying to plan our costs ahead. Also possible dumb question how do you get the map of states you've landed in.

Chris

Ah see foreflight. Im still one of those people who use paper and dont have an IPAD. What is all that fancy technology? Kinda funny since im only 19. But thanks for the heads up guys with 100ll.com and the KAKQ. the trip is planned for mid november but we are trying to plan our costs ahead. Also possible dumb question how do you get the map of states you've landed in.

Chris

Fuel prices swing pretty unpredictably over time -- since the price is often based on what they paid for it. Be sure to check for the latest prices before you go.

Yellow pages?
Yup, if you spell "yellow pages" F O R E F L I G H T! :goofy:

Hmmm, based in DC and totally misses the obvious. I didn't know you were a politician! :rofl::rofl:

Chris
http://www.epgsoft.com/VisitedStatesMap/
I'm amazed that there isn't a sticky on this yet, because it's a frequently asked question.

Hey just wanted to say that ISP( MacArthur airport) is my home field. It's a great airport with wonderful controllers so once you get all your logistics figured out, you are in for a nice experience at the end of your flight. I'd definitely encourage you to take some time to fly around Long Island- I'm biased but it is an amazingly pretty place to fly. Nothing like cruising 1,000 feet above the south shore of Long Island with nothing but the Atlantic ocean off one wing and some of the prettiest beaches off the other!

Tappahannock. Va. Generaly has the best fuel prices in this area. And ghey also have a courtesy car they will loan you to grab a bite locally. Great people there.

Wakefield is unattended and no car. I would call the airport for cuurent prices as what you find on line may be outdated.

AirNav.com has a fuel planner. Put in your departure and destination and other parameters such as leg length and it will list suggested fuel stops and costs.

Back