Display name:
WMCK
1963 Cessna 205
IO470S Chrome Cyl.
TTAF: 2500
SMOH: 600 ~25 hr oil changes with good analyses uses ~1qt/25hrs
PROP: <250 since new
IN/OUT: 6/6 (My estimate)

~250 hrs. (Hobbs) in the last 16 months w/o significant problems. Has been good reliable load-hauling transportation for me. Do not want to sell it, but events necessitate asset re-allocation
icon9.gif

VFR airplane: 2 nav/coms no G/S, no panel GPS
1963 Cessna factory engine instruments.
Camera Port

Currently located at SJT

$64.5K (Quick AOPA check yielded est. of $69K, has not been professionally appraised recently)

Will consider down-trade but would have to be pretty steep; I have plans for the $.

PM me if interested.

Will McKay

psyfly@att.net

Attachments

• 51ZandBPGCADDY.jpg
    51ZandBPGCADDY.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
psyfly said:
1963 Cessna 205

Will,

Wow what a coincidence. See the thread "I'm getting closed out because I'm an 'Old Timer'".

Sorry that you have to sell your plane. Hope all works out for the best.

Len

Those are great a/c... my neighbor had one for years. Could haul a bunch and land anywhere. He had the robertson stol and larger tires. Did my first few flights in it!

Len Lanetti said:
Will,

Wow what a coincidence. See the thread "I'm getting closed out because I'm an 'Old Timer'".

Sorry that you have to sell your plane. Hope all works out for the best.

Len

talk about Irony.

Sorry you have to sell. Looks like a nice bird.

Will just chatted with a friend who is looking for a bird to fly his family of five. What kind of speed does the 205 see?

Adam:

Here's some useful information on my 205:

Posted elsewhere in answer to an earlier question:

1. Useful load and fuel capacity
I have the 84 (80 usable) tanks. With full fuel I have 979 lbs. left to use (useful load 1483).

2. GPH at cruise: I don't have an engine monitor: I lean to rough then rich to slightly more power than just smooth (sorry I can't be more precise) FF (per guage) is 11 or 11.5gph. Block to block it consistently burns 12.5gph and I flight-plan for 13gph.

3. Average cruise speed: Leaned as above and 2300rpm and WOT=23" at 6500 [again, approximate] computes to about 65% power and very consistently trues at 129 knots (149mph) WOT and 2450rpm it'll cruise at 136knots (haven't done that often so can't remember FF figures).

4. Climb/service ceiling: Initial climb (even on a hot Tx day is usually 700 to 1000 @100mph. Of course, it gets more anemic with alt., but I've never felt like complaining. I haven't had mine above 11,500 (for one thing, I don't have O2). But flight characteristics were absolutely normal there.

5. Handling characteristics. Nose heavy and pitch-sensitive (e.g., in a steep turn you really have to pay attention to where the nose is). Trim, trim, trim for landings. But it lands like a pussycat; I've had more good landings in this airplane than any other I've flown.

6. Cabin comfort. Width is advertized as 44", but I measured mine closer to 45. Most comfortable plane I've ever flown (but, my experience is limited; YMMV). My wife can get up out of the seat and go lie down in the back if she chooses.

7. Engine TBO and does it usually make it there without a lot of fuss? Came out of Wichita with an IO-470-S. Mine has about 600 hrs on a field overhaul and runs perfectly. I have had no major maintenance problems in ~250 hours.

Didn't seem to have that many ADs, either, but I don't know the averages.

There are a number of different STCs out there for improvements, but some of them apply to the 206 and above and were not certified for the 205 (for example, as far as I can tell, no one has an STC for floats for the 205!).

Will McKay

Back