C182RG IFR ceckout complete!

snoboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
snoboy
Well I finished our clubs Complex IFR checkout yesterday. I took the training in our "BIGGY" 182RG that we have so it automatically covers me down the list. My last few lessons have been really good experience for my trip to Petaluma next week. We did small airports, diverting while hard IMC. Did a fair amount of various equipment failures. We got some ice up at 7000. All I can say is I'm excited.:D

I like the 182RG. Flew it from central Iowa to southern Texas and back with one stop each way in solid IMC 90% of both ways. Very stable IFR platform, and it's big enough that you 'feel' like you're flying something of substance.

Nice choice of airplanes, very capable both VFR and IFR. It takes off short, can land even shorter and is extremely stable in approaches. It can also fly with the big boys (descending, of course) when being asked to maintain max forward speed. Enjoy it, but now you'll end up like me and owning one you like it so much!

Nice choice of airplanes, very capable both VFR and IFR. It takes off short, can land even shorter and is extremely stable in approaches. It can also fly with the big boys (descending, of course) when being asked to maintain max forward speed. Enjoy it, but now you'll end up like me and owning one you like it so much!

Oh don't let my wife here you say that.

Back