C182 Throttle Knob (non-Vernier) Rotates

Gene Wood

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
EHW
New owner of C182T and my non-vernier throttle knob rotates and I can feel the spring loading that rotates it mostly back. I think it's normal, but after a month of a lot of flying my intuition says it feels different, I don't recall the free rotation. Just want to know if the knob should freely rotate with a little spring resistance? Thanks for any feedback!

Some had a swivel between the shaft and wire, and others didn't. The one you have now obviously doesn't. Constantly twisting it far enough could fatigue the wire and eventually break it. There is no anti-rotation stuff in them at all, so they will rotate.

You will usually find an anti-rotation feature on carb heat and some mixture controls.

Some had a swivel between the shaft and wire, and others didn't. The one you have now obviously doesn't. Constantly twisting it far enough could fatigue the wire and eventually break it. There is no anti-rotation stuff in them at all, so they will rotate.

You will usually find an anti-rotation feature on carb heat and some mixture controls.
Thank you!

Back