C182 G1000 electrical

skidoo

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
skidoo
Anyone know the electrical current draw for powering on the G1000?
How about the polarity protection relay coil current for the 182T?
Can I turn on the G1000 without energizing the pumps for the backup steam gauges?

I am looking to supply external 24V power to get familiar with the G1000 on the ground and to trickle charge the batteries. So, I would like to know the electrical specs.

Anyone know of the correct manual to obtain which has this such data?

Thanks!

Can I turn on the G1000 without energizing the pumps for the backup steam gauges?

I am looking to supply external 24V power to get familiar with the G1000 on the ground and to trickle charge the batteries. So, I would like to know the electrical specs.

Thanks!

We have the same G1000 in a 172S. At 24 volts it draws 9 amps. We have one of these:
http://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/elpages/startpacpowersup.php
Number 53025.

Dan

Last edited:

Thanks!

You'll need to power any other electrical instrumentation and lighting as well as all the avionics unless you pull a bunch of breakers. I don't know
the correct answer to your question but I'd expect 15-20 amps at 28v would be sufficient. I've seen Cirri demo setups powered by a 25 amp supply and IIRC the current meter on the supply wasn't much over half scale.

Back