C182 down Door County WI.

Very sad story, pilot was trying to help a child in their quest of a flying career ,May They Rest In Peace.

Nothing reported so far. Was a beautiful day here in NE Wi, so weather really shouldn't have been a factor.

Deep condolences and best wishes for the family.

Hey @painless , were you in door cty last weekend? We were in Washington island and baileys harbor area. There was a Cub on floats buzzing the area Saturday, definitely pushing the limits of FAR 91.119. I don't want to be a tattle tale but reckless behavior really ****es me off and makes fighting for aviation that much more difficult when it annoys others. When I first saw this I thought for sure it was the cub driver.

"As parents, we understood there would forever be risks to becoming a pilot. We would like for other young people in our community and beyond who have an interest in flying to not be deterred by what happened to Olivia, because accidents happen in life to people both young and old, and because if you never take any risks, you will never know the thrills and treasures life has to offer. Olivia chose an exciting path for herself, and went all in with that drive, intensity and fearlessness that is common to gifted people of all walks of life.”

Wow, it's rare that stories like this cause me to fight back tears.

Deep condolences and best wishes for the family.

No, wasn't in DC last weekend. Sure it was a Cub? There was a story on the news about a guy that landed an amphibious airplane on a road near here. Looked like a Rans or similar. No damage and was hauled off on a flatbed. Same guy maybe? Was Mostly yellow with black trim.

Hey @painless , were you in door cty last weekend? We were in Washington island and baileys harbor area. There was a Cub on floats buzzing the area Saturday, definitely pushing the limits of FAR 91.119. I don't want to be a tattle tale but reckless behavior really ****es me off and makes fighting for aviation that much more difficult when it annoys others. When I first saw this I thought for sure it was the cub driver.

The parents showed a bunch of love for their daughter with that statement. It must have been heart wrenching to lose her, and the strength to make that statement far exceeds anything I would be able to say if I was in a similar situation.

God bless 'em and make the pain subside as soon as possible.

Back