C-421 Down in Deland FL

In addition to the description of the flight path, it has all the earmarks of a VMC roll. I hope it's just coincidence but they released the names of the occupants today and one had the same name as a flight instructor at DeLand. Prayers and condolences go out the the family's
Backfiring of the motor”...

Hope it wasn’t misfueled.

Guys on Beechtalk are familiar with the plane and I think the brand new owner.....

“Backfiring of the motor”...

Hope it wasn’t misfueled.
You must have spent time on BeechTalk.

Not picking on you, just that every time a twin goes down, there is almost always instant speculation on BT that it was misfueled.

You must have spent time on BeechTalk.

Not picking on you, just that every time a twin goes down, there is almost always instant speculation on BT that it was misfueled.
That's probably because most of the time when a twin goes down with engine problems, it is because it was misfueled.

That's probably because most of the time when a twin goes down with engine problems, it is because it was misfueled.
Except it isn’t. Every one of those BT threads where they speculate about misfueling, it turns out that had nothing to do with it.

Unless by misfueling you mean, they didn’t put enough in......

So engine(s) backfire then silence?? One engine goes-yeah that happens unfortunately and with those bigger twins I hear they are quite a handful. But what would silence two engines??

So engine(s) backfire then silence?? One engine goes-yeah that happens unfortunately and with those bigger twins I hear they are quite a handful. But what would silence two engines??
Too much air in the fuel lines?

By "misfueled" do you mean the incorrect type of fuel?
Or insufficient volume of the correct type of fuel on board?
Or something else entirely?

So three people just died.

I’d say unless you got some hard core proof, I’d wait till the report comes out or someone who was there has something solid

Apparently N731PF. 1968 C421. Owner Flores Martin. Last FlightAware track 7 years ago.

Pilot
Personal Information
ARMAND DAVID GIROUARD
Medical Class: First Medical Date: 6/2018

COMMERCIAL PILOT
FLIGHT INSTRUCTOR
Certificates Description
Certificate: COMMERCIAL PILOT
Date of Issue: 7/5/2018

Ratings:
COMMERCIAL PILOT
AIRPLANE SINGLE ENGINE LAND
AIRPLANE MULTIENGINE LAND
INSTRUMENT

By "misfueled" do you mean the incorrect type of fuel?
Or insufficient volume of the correct type of fuel on board?
Or something else entirely?
Good point. I knew I wasn't clear but I used a generalization to counter a generalization.

In this particular case, loss of control could be the cause, or possibly a contributing factor. Most accidents are caused by an accumulation of issues.
Especially in a twin, a single engine-out shouldn't result in a fatal, unless there is a contributing factor, like loss of a control surface, or pilot error.

But as for "misfueling", what I meant was; basically, ANY fuel problem; putting in the wrong type of fuel, contaminated fuel, a mistake with fuel management, or a faulty fuel supply.

Back