C-195 charging question??

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I need to check out the charging circuit on a C-195. The print just shows outlines of the regulator and generator and I can't tell if it uses the "A" circuit or the "B" circuit.

My question--to do a full field test do I ground the field OR do I apply B+ to the field??

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ

I need to check out the charging circuit on a C-195. The print just shows outlines of the regulator and generator and I can't tell if it uses the "A" circuit or the "B" circuit.

My question--to do a full field test do I ground the field OR do I apply B+ to the field??

I did a lot of trouble-shooting of my Fly Baby's electrical system. My situation may not apply to the C-195, but I've got a lot of links to resources at:

http://www.bowersflybaby.com/tech/spark2.html

Hopefully, one of them will produce some answers....

Ron Wanttaja

I can't claim to be an expert, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once and have struggled with generator "issues" in the past. According excerpts from the LC-126 manual it looks like grounding the field wire would provide maximum current since the other side of the field is connected to the generator output (A+ terminal).
BTW there are some actual experts on www.cessna195.org

Hank

(sorry, limited skills prevented attachment of the excerpts)

Last edited:
I can't claim to be an expert, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once and have struggled with generator "issues" in the past. According excerpts from the LC-126 manual it looks like grounding the field wire would provide maximum current since the other side of the field is connected to the generator output (A+ terminal).
BTW there are some actual experts on www.cessna195.org

Hank

(sorry, limited skills prevented attachment of the excerpts)

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ

The only test of the fields is to measure the residence of the coil with a Ohlm Meter.

The only test of the fields is to measure the residence of the coil with a Ohlm Meter.

Gotta love auto-correct! That one gave me a good chuckle this morning.

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ

A quick check with the multi meter will tell you how it is hooked up.

Back