C-172 flipped at PTK

flykelley

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
flykelley
Hi Gang
Had a C-172 from Tradewind's Aviation Crash and flipped over this am. No one was hurt and the plane is back at the FBO. No detail that I can confirm other than the plane was doing T&G on 27R went off the side of the runway into the grass and flipped.

Regards Mike

flykelley said:
Hi Gang
Had a C-172 from Tradewind's Aviation Crash and flipped over this am. No one was hurt and the plane is back at the FBO. No detail that I can confirm other than the plane was doing T&G on 27R went off the side of the runway into the grass and flipped.

Regards Mike

Any details yet? Thanks.

Dave Krall CFII said:
Any details yet? Thanks.
Just what was reported on Channel 7 Detroit ABC last night. I did see the video and the plane has a tarp over the tail number. Now the lastest from The Oakland Press. The Pilot was a Student doing Take off and Landings. After Touchdown the plane went off the right side of the runway into the grass and flipped. The FBO has already ruled out mechanical problems so looks like the student will get credit. From the picture both wings are bent down and looks like both are a loss. The good news is the Student Pilot is ok execpt for his ego. Also looks like a bent prop for sure the nose cone is smashed.

Regards Mike

One more note
The student was 1/3 to 1/2 way through his training according to Ryan Clyde VP at Tradewinds Aviation.

Regards Mike

Back