C-150 nosewheel weight

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I have to move a C-150 into my hangar for a while. Can anyone tell me the typical weight on the nose wheel? I'll probably have to put the nose wheel
on a block to get the tail down a bit. I'd hate to put it on something that would collapse.:hairraise:

Thanks

Paul
Salome, AZ

Likely no more than 60 or 70 pounds. I can easily lift the nosewheel by lifting the prop.

Not a 150, but the last time my 172N was weighed, it showed 537.5 lb on the nosewheel, and about 625 on each of the mains.

Good grief. A 172N with an empty weight of 1787 pounds? And a CG that would be a long ways ahead of the mains, too. Were the tanks full?

Good grief. A 172N with an empty weight of 1787 pounds? And a CG that would be a long ways ahead of the mains, too. Were the tanks full?

1977 177B with empty tanks was over 400 pounds on the nose after being leveled

One with other airplanes in it

Area available maybe, but he said the tail must come down by lifting the nose? that means a door hight issue. I've never seen a hangar with a door less than 10' have you?

Area available maybe, but he said the tail must come down by lifting the nose? that means a door hight issue. I've never seen a hangar with a door less than 10' have you?

The hangar I sold a couple of years ago had a door height of less than 8 feet, and it was also only 25 feet deep. There was a beam across the ceiling, halfway back, that had only about 7 feet under it. Made it very hard to sell, since it was built to house a Champ, just barely. It fit my Jodel just fine, but few GA airplanes are that small.

Back