mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
No, it's not a Caspian airliner:

http://www.gadling.com/2011/06/03/iranian-aircraft-crash-caught-on-new-video/

I want to know!: Obviously the crew of the C-130 and the fighters knew the Iranian jet was there, by way of AWACS and on board RADAR. So is this a case of the fine, fine, Iranian Air Force succumbing to the wiles of the devious American pilots like that Chinese fighter which was attacked by a mid-air ramming by the U.S. Navy EP-3 flying straight and level?

Edit: Most of the crew is not speaking English. Was this a NATO operation?

Last edited:
Not the Tu-154; from Pprune:

5-8208 IL-76MD Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force - IRIAF (ex Iraqi aircraft)

Accident occurred September 22/2009 near Tehran - reported an engine fire and was preparing for an emergency landing - when the 'dome' detached - striking the tail and sending the aircraft out of control.

Source, and more pictures of the plane before it crashed:
http://www.pprune.org/military-aircrew/448602-iriaf-il-76md-crash-caught-video.html

And that's crazy footage, man. Wow.

Last edited:
From Troy's link, it was the Iranian AWOS with a crew of 7.

I think the foreign speakers you hear are the actual crew of the doomed jet.

From Troy's link, it was the Iranian AWOS with a crew of 7.

I think the foreign speakers you hear are the actual crew of the doomed jet.

The Iranians are still flying our old C-130s and F-4s? That's interesting, wonder how they're handling parts.

The Iranians are still flying our old C-130s and F-4s? That's interesting, wonder how they're handling parts.
Probably the same way they keep (kept?) some F-14s flying- scavenge from other planes. Make whatever parts they can, For the avionics, buy whatever replacement parts they can on the open market.

The C-130 and F4 were Americna planes. The plane spinning in is the Iranian jet.

I'm thinking you hear the Iranians (or other foreign pilots?) on the radio? Yeah, why would they be on the same frequency as the refueling operation. :dunno:

The C-130 and F4 were American planes. The plane spinning in is the Iranian jet.

I'm thinking you hear the Iranians (or other foreign pilots?) on the radio? Yeah, why would they be on the same frequency as the refueling operation. :dunno:

What American forces were operating a Phantom in 2009?

The C-130 and F4 were Americna planes. The plane spinning in is the Iranian jet.

The only F4's in the US inventory that are flying are target drones in Eglin FL. When was this supposed to have happened?

Why would the F4 be flying behind the C130. C130 doesn't have a flying boom refueling ability.

Not really clear from the video

The only F4's in the US inventory that are flying are target drones in Eglin FL. When was this supposed to have happened?

Why would the F4 be flying behind the C130. C130 doesn't have a flying boom refueling ability.

Not really clear from the video
Didn't the Marines use C130's to refuel the F4s?

Back