C-130 on the beach

Sand and turbine blades: yikes!

Love the c130 .never landed on the beach,landed on rt 1 south Vietnam nam also a rubber plantation. Was in the back as a loadmaster. One great aircraft.

Great aircraft, maintained them while in the Air Force. Got to do some low levels in the mountains of North Carolina. Got sick twice. Loved it. Had a J model (marines) come through moody once, got to walk through it. Nice. It was weird seeing that much glass in the bird.

Great aircraft, maintained them while in the Air Force. Got to do some low levels in the mountains of North Carolina. Got sick twice. Loved it. Had a J model (marines) come through moody once, got to walk through it. Nice. It was weird seeing that much glass in the bird.

Lol! I came close to puking during a low level in a C-130 outta SAV once. Pallet drops and then trying to walk up to the cockpit while they're banking 45 degrees almost did me in!

Did "Fat Albert" in 96 and there were a few people looking green on that one. It was only an 8 min ride but 0-2.5Gs and the smell of sulfur didn't mix well. Still worth the experience.

Lol! I came close to puking during a low level in a C-130 outta SAV once. Pallet drops and then trying to walk up to the cockpit while they're banking 45 degrees almost did me in!

Did "Fat Albert" in 96 and there were a few people looking green on that one. It was only an 8 min ride but 0-2.5Gs and the smell of sulfur didn't mix well. Still worth the experience.

Awesome. What an experience!

Nothing like a touch and go in a c130,or a low level extrication drop. What a rush

Great airplane. Taken off in a few...never landed. (Army Airborne)

First airplane they allowed me to touch fresh out of engineering school in 1981. Worked for Litton which designed and manufactured inertial navigation systems. We had a contract for a C130 program called Computed Air Release Point (CARP). Our system would provide a signal for the release of a pallet in the air, most notably the precision delivery of a special gift, the BLU-82.

Back