bzaaap!

I'm surprised there's a space in St. Pete big enough to attempt a PPG flight.

I'm surprised there's a space in St. Pete big enough to attempt a PPG flight.
It's a pretty small park. The article did a pretty good job of making it sound like it's a miracle 50 children weren't maimed due to it being legal to fly *anywhere* you feel like it.

"He could hurt somebody on the ground. There is a child’s playground right down there."

Oh the horror...for the kids sake! :hairraise:

"He could hurt somebody on the ground. There is a child’s playground right down there."

Oh the horror...for the kids sake! :hairraise:

Quite honestly, that's not an appropriate place for PPG flying. Pinellas County is too urban, he needs to go inland.

Quite honestly, that's not an appropriate place for PPG flying. Pinellas County is too urban, he needs to go inland.
Most of that area is urban. Family lives in Pasco County, north of Pinellas and it's still fairly urban until you get east of Wesley Chapel. It is what it is.

Most of that area is urban. Family lives in Pasco County, north of Pinellas and it's still fairly urban until you get east of Wesley Chapel. It is what it is.
oh come on. east of 41 is mostly cow pastures and golf courses

I dont' care... I still want to do this. I mean, I'll skip the whole flying into power lines part, but PPG looks like hella-fun.

So, this is the sort of thing that happens from time to time to remind you that "seize the day" should be the first priority.

I was looking forward to learning to fly PPG with Dan Decker out of PPG Tennessee. I just went to find the site to post a link, since ryanb is up in TN.

http://ppgtennessee.com/about/

He died. That picture was taken at an event he was driving to when he spent 30 minutes on his cell phone with me, answering every dumb question a n00b typically has. He was a pilot, and was building a Zenith. He offered to come pick me up at the airport to make training easier. He seemed like an awesome guy, and very much an aviation enthusiast. We lost a good one.

Unfortunate accident, but I don't think he should be grounded.

Does it come with a 'chute..??? :rolleyes:

you say that. but apparently (from what i've been reading) that chute is prone to collapse in turbulence. These things usually only fly for a few hours after sunrise and before sunset.

It's like anything else. It seems safe enough if you aren't stupid.

...and you guys are going for the easy puns. It's Re-volting. Maybe I'm just outta phase with the younger generation, but ohm-my-god, there are honestly some better ones to be had.

I bet he got more of a buzz than four shots of tequila.

Wonder if there's been a series of these, parallel to those lines.

If he wasn't a little short before, he certainly is now.

Any criticism will undoubtedly only go skin deep.

(There's something here about a floating ground, but... I had a beer for lunch.)

you say that. but apparently (from what i've been reading) that chute is prone to collapse in turbulence. These things usually only fly for a few hours after sunrise and before sunset.

It's like anything else. It seems safe enough if you aren't stupid.

I don't think that PPG pilots carry a reserve, but motorless paraglider pilots certainly do. Canopy collapse is a greater problem with increasing aspect ratio, and the canopies flown by motorless paraglider pilots are higher aspect ratio than the ones use with a motor.

I think I saw a reserve add-on for the Nirvana motor (and probably for others).

What do you think of the Dudek Universal?

Back