Bye, Leslie

Dang! (Of course, much better that what I feared, which was something about my wife! I'd hate to be the last to know! )

On November 28, 2010, Nielsen died in his sleep of complications from pneumonia.

I remember many of his shows and movies even if I didn't know it was him. "Forbidden Planet" was a great movie. It's as good today as the first day I saw it. He had a long career. He'll be missed.

I remember many of his shows and movies even if I didn't know it was him. "Forbidden Planet" was a great movie. It's as good today as the first day I saw it. He had a long career. He'll be missed.

Yes "Forbidden Planet" is one of the most classic sci fi films. You could see its influence on the later "Star Trek" series.

Surely you can't be serious!

:sad:

I am serious. And don't call me Shirley.

Sad. :(

But, like Grant, I was fearing it might be something regarding his wife.

P.S. One of my favorite quotes from the Naked Gun movie:

"It's fourth and fifteen and you're looking at a full-court press." :rofl:

My favorite funniest line from Leslie Nielsen was from the Poseidon Adventure. He is the ship's captain and he is looking at the radar return of the giant wave that will soon capsize the boat he looks over to one of the other officers and say "BTW Happy New Year." They way he did is hilarious because we all know that the ship is about to get almost destroyed and thousands of people are about to die, but Leslie still needs to dead pan a Ms. Manners type of line.

No one, no one could deliver a line like him. He will be missed, but he lives on in many great movies.

My favorite funniest line from Leslie Nielsen was from the Poseidon Adventure. He is the ship's captain and he is looking at the radar return of the giant wave that will soon capsize the boat he looks over to one of the other officers and say "BTW Happy New Year." They way he did is hilarious because we all know that the ship is about to get almost destroyed and thousands of people are about to die, but Leslie still needs to dead pan a Ms. Manners type of line.

Scott's been dipping into the holiday wine.

Loved that movie John. It's really made me conscious of keeping my id in check:wink2:

Best,

Dave

Back