Bye-bye Skyway

ApacheBob

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
ApacheBob
Skyway Express will be replaced by Sky West at Milwaukee, soon. Those mysterious new "preferential" routes did not help Skyway.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Wow, Skyway and Big Sky dropping off the map within a week or two of each other. Not a good start to '08 for small regionals.

One of the Sky West fellas said that the Skyway drivers will be given some kind of hiring preference. But they will have to start at the bottom of the stack.
The Skyway guys and gals are real pros. I hope that they find something better. They deserve it. With the pilot shortage, there could be a worse time to be looking for that next ride.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

One of the Sky West fellas said that the Skyway drivers will be given some kind of hiring preference. But they will have to start at the bottom of the stack.
The Skyway guys and gals are real pros. I hope that they find something better. They deserve it. With the pilot shortage, there could be a worse time to be looking for that next ride.:blueplane:
ApacheBob

That is better than what the Mesaba guys git when they were laid off. My buddy got a bill for $89k for his pilot training. They stated since he left the airline with under a year of service he was responsible. He brought it to the union's attention and Mesaba backed off. But cripes that is sleazy.

That is better than what the Mesaba guys git when they were laid off. My buddy got a bill for $89k for his pilot training. They stated since he left the airline with under a year of service he was responsible. He brought it to the union's attention and Mesaba backed off. But cripes that is sleazy.

Wow, that's super shady. Our training note is only for $16k, and we're on the high side of most airlines. Not to mention, if we go to one of our codeshare airlines, they drop the contract. That's some pretty ****ty business to charge for firing a guy, good lord.

Back