Bye-bye, Circuit City

I agree with you, Felix. I've only ever bought the warranty when the price was really good, and only on electronics that are "mobile" -- laptops, video cameras, digital cameras, etc., and then only if the warranty covers accidental droppage, etc.

I know a guy who always buys the warranty and then "accidentally" drops his laptop, usually under the wheel of his truck, and then goes and collects his new one. He gets a new laptop every 2-3 years for the price of the warranty. Sickening.

I know a guy who always buys the warranty and then "accidentally" drops his laptop, usually under the wheel of his truck, and then goes and collects his new one. He gets a new laptop every 2-3 years for the price of the warranty. Sickening.

And that is why retailers have resorted to austere return policies. Same deal for frivolous law suits. The honest people are the ones who pay for this kind of abuse in the end.

Popped into a CC in Charleston WV Saturday. A sale for idiots. Took me about 30 seconds to catch on. Same deal, saw lots of people walking in, but no one walking out with anything.

I wasn't surprised. This is the chain where I walked into a sale where everything was reduced a dime. The only question I have is how they lasted this long.

Oh, and I have never had an extended warranty on a computer and never need one. of course, I run Macs :D.

Back