Bye Bye Babes boards

Awe, I only posted there maybe a couple times early on but I'd periodically check in and have a little exchange of 'hi's with Moxie and get and give the latest. She was cool.

Last time I looked, someone had agreed to continue the board.

Domain name expired; maybe it just needs renewal.

The site is still up, the domain is just expired, if anyone wants to view it.

open up C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad

add this line

174.133.182.114 babesmessageboard.com www.babesmessageboard.com

and you may still view the board if need be.

I put a "snag it" order in on the domain, I'll point it to the right name servers if nobody else renews it.

Last edited:
Nice gesture Bart.

mehh, I have a standing credit for a domain snag, so I put it on that one. If I do wind up with it, I'd be happy to transfer it to someone with a more vested interest in it than me. Just figured I'd try to get it before the squatters do.

Ah.
No one else wanted to carry it on?

. . . Last I knew, "Razor"(Carolyn) was going to carry on with it.
(The photo was in Massachusetts about 7 or 8 years ago.)
For those who don't know, "DenMom" was Moxie.

HR (Whls & Wings)

Attachments

• Boston01.jpg
    Boston01.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 55
The site is still up, the domain is just expired, if anyone wants to view it.

open up C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts in notepad

add this line

174.133.182.114 babesmessageboard.com

and you may still view the board if need be.

I put a "snag it" order in on the domain, I'll point it to the right name servers if nobody else renews it.

I appreciate the sentiment and find myself liking it; however, from her final message I question whether it is appropriate. Maybe I'm misreading it though. I hold no real objection, just raise a point of consideration.

I appreciate the sentiment and find myself liking it; however, from her final message I question whether it is appropriate. Maybe I'm misreading it though. I hold no real objection, just raise a point of consideration.

My bad if I missed the last post. I'll pull the order.

My bad if I missed the last post. I'll pull the order.
Moxie arranged with Razor and one other person (whose screen name slips my mind at the moment) to take over the board. Her final wishes were NOT to let the board die. So I don't think there's any issue of "appropriateness" here.

Nevertheless, right now the apache server running at the address you posted seems to be an empty installation with no hosted content. As far as I can tell, there's no board there to view... at least, not as of 1:20am.

editing the hosts file as mentioned above gets you in. http://(IP address) doesn't work. I had to remember my password, but I was able to log in a little bit ago.

Yup... in a lot of multiple VirtualHost Apache hosting setups, your HTTP request has to ask for the correct URL. There can be dozens or even hundreds of web sites using the same server IP address, so a request using the IP address just get the host machine's content -- usually nothing useful.

So it does! At least on Linux, the equivalent hack brings up the login page, though it just hangs when I try to login. It might be my machine. I have no idea what file the Mac relies on for hostname resolution or if it's even human readable so I can't try it there.

Okay I tried /private/etc/hosts and that works. So there was this thread from a couple of months ago about the Babes boards, started by ekw0357 who I assume is Waylon. Five days later Razor announced that she had all the needed information and would take over the board when she was able. So I don't think we've seen the last of the boards.

So it does! At least on Linux, the equivalent hack brings up the login page, though it just hangs when I try to login. It might be my machine. I have no idea what file the Mac relies on for hostname resolution or if it's even human readable so I can't try it there.

/eetc/hosts

plain text but you need Admin privs to edit it.

Then the web address

www.babesmessageboard.com

will take you to the login page.

Last edited:
Also, please let everyone know I’m working on it and things will be back up and running as soon as possible.

Carolyn

Sorry guys, I dropped the ball a bit thinking I had until May to renew. I also thought I had everything I needed but GoDaddy doesn't like that I made the request to transfer rather than someone from Moxie's estate. I'm trying to get the actual login account info for GoDadday. If I can get in there I can have things back up very soon. What I actually have right now is the login for the FTP/hosting portion of the website. I have the GoDaddy customer number, but the password for the FTP site isn't the same as the GoDaddy account so I can't get in.

In the mean time I've got both babesmessageboard.com and babesandairplanes.com on back-order, so if I can't get the info I need it'll switch over to me when the grace period expires and before being released back to the registrar.

Hopefully we'll only be down for a short period of time, but we could be down as much as 3-4 weeks for the back-orders to kick in. I will try to keep everyone posted here as much as I can. Sorry about the mess up on my part!

Carolyn

Sorry guys, I dropped the ball a bit thinking I had until May to renew. I also thought I had everything I needed but GoDaddy doesn't like that I made the request to transfer rather than someone from Moxie's estate. I'm trying to get the actual login account info for GoDadday. If I can get in there I can have things back up very soon. What I actually have right now is the login for the FTP/hosting portion of the website. I have the GoDaddy customer number, but the password for the FTP site isn't the same as the GoDaddy account so I can't get in.

In the mean time I've got both babesmessageboard.com and babesandairplanes.com on back-order, so if I can't get the info I need it'll switch over to me when the grace period expires and before being released back to the registrar.

Hopefully we'll only be down for a short period of time, but we could be down as much as 3-4 weeks for the back-orders to kick in. I will try to keep everyone posted here as much as I can. Sorry about the mess up on my part!

Carolyn

Did you try admin?

Sorry, I posted that Carolyn was working on this, but in a different [thread=48564]thread[/thread], because this one didn't come up on a search!

Back