Buying a Tiger near Hayward, CA

Jenny

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Jenny
Hello, to all the tiger owners.... My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a tiger out in CA, unfortunately we live out in Greenville, SC. I was wondering if there is anyone near Hayward, CA to take a look at the plane for us and maybe even fly it to see if it's air worthy. I also need a reputable A/P to do a prebuy on the aircraft that has a lot of experience working on tigers.

Any help/ advice would be be GREATLY APPRECIATED... :). Thank you in advance.

Jenny (hopefully to be a new owner of a tiger soon :D)

Hello, to all the tiger owners.... My husband and I are in the process of purchasing a tiger out in CA, unfortunately we live out in Greenville, SC. I was wondering if there is anyone near Hayward, CA to take a look at the plane for us and maybe even fly it to see if it's air worthy. I also need a reputable A/P to do a prebuy on the aircraft that has a lot of experience working on tigers.

Any help/ advice would be be GREATLY APPRECIATED... :). Thank you in advance.

Jenny (hopefully to be a new owner of a tiger soon :D)
Where in Ca?

When ?

Oh man, I'd love to, but I have zero time in type, and that wouldn't seem to be a great (or terribly useful) idea.

I fly from across the Bay.

The Bay Area is a very pleasant visit this time of year. Are you sure you don't want a nice vacation? Test fly the aircraft over the Golden Gate Bridge and have a good time.

Last edited:
Thank ya'll for the quick responses. Please keep them coming. :)

Last edited:
I'm really not the right person to evaluate your plane, but I am just a short drive from Hayward located in the biggity biggity O.

I would recommend contacting Kareem Fahmi. He is an instructor at California Airways at Hayward and is an airplane owner. He posts a lot on the AOPA Forum and seems like a very knowledgeable and decent guy. If he is not able to help you, he can probably suggest someone who can. His contact info can be found here:

http://www.california-airways.com/OurInstructors.html

Last edited:
I commute daily very close to HWD airport so stopping by and looking at the airplane (taking photos, etc) would be no problem for me but this is the extent of my offer. I am PPL but not current (got my PPL out of HWD).

Last edited:
Thank you everyone for the generous offers and information. I have found someone to do the prebuy. I will let y'all know how it goes.

Thank you :)

Back