Buyer's Agent Recommendations?

bisctboy

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
MyPilotPro
I am in the market to purchase a used Cherokee Archer or Cessna 172 and would like any recommendations for a Buyer's Agent...anyone have someone you've used that you can recommend?

Best,

mkb

Myself.

I get better deals and I work for free.

But don't tell anyone, I'm a secret agent :cool:

Seriously though, I'm all for contracting things out, but if you can't handle figuring a good price and arranging a prebuy and basic negotiations, owning may not be for you, or at the least will be VERY expensive.

I have no problem negotiating at all. Figuring a good price is not an issue. I just need someone other than the sellers A&P to tell me what's wrong with the plane. I live in PA and the likelihood of finding an aircraft a day's drive round-trip away is unlikely...I had an opportunity to purchase a Cherokee locally but passed because a buddy of mine knew the mechanic who worked on the plane and told him there was some issues with the fuel tanks. If I didn't have that perspective, I might just have purchased an airplane where I had no idea of an issue.

Yes, I know aircraft ownership is expensive and I'm going into this with eyes wide open. I just wouldn't mind having a recommendation on someone who can help me evaluate the purchase.

Thanks for your advice.

mkb

Do the work,yourself,do the comps and research on the aircraft currently for sale. Save the fees ,will be well worth your time.

Roger that, so what you should be asking isn't for a agent, you need a AP recommendation

I am in the market to purchase a used Cherokee Archer or Cessna 172 and would like any recommendations for a Buyer's Agent...anyone have someone you've used that you can recommend?

Best,

mkb
Until you have joined the type club for the aircraft type that you'd like to own, and asked all the troubling questions there, you are not ready to buy.

Until you have joined the type club for the aircraft type that you'd like to own, and asked all the troubling questions there, you are not ready to buy.
For a Cherokee?

OP should find an A&P he can put his trust in.

OMG some one here said that ??
What is your problem Tom? Why do you make an argument of everything?

I said your opinion is fine. I understand you don't feel the same of anyone else's.

I said your opinion is fine. I understand you don't feel the same of anyone else's.
Apparently you are not aware of the anti A&P sentiment by some here.

There are many places to find all the info on any of the aircraft for sale. type clubs, web pages and chat lines. To me to say you don't believe in finding all the info prior to buying because of your experience. Is just that "your experience"

Why is it? when I make a sarcastic statement, or state my opinion, It's an argument? but when you do it it's just a comment?

Why is it? when I make a sarcastic statement, or state my opinion, It's an argument? but when you do it it's just a comment?
Tom - I didn't make a sarcastic statement. I disagreed with you. You have a long record of arguing with anyone who disagrees with you.

For the record, I have not seen an anti-A&P sentiment here. There does seem to be an anti-Tom Downey sentiment by many. I fully understand that.

...... anyways..... OP, I agree with @James331 . What you need is an AP you can trust that hasn't worked on the plane you are looking to buy to do a pre-buy/annual.
It all depends on where the plane you find is located. If you do happen to find one close buy as a mechanic from your field you trust to take a look.
If it's further away come to the board and ask for suggestions around airport K***. That's what 6pc just did in a different sub forum (don't know the results of that though).
I'll check down at my airport, I feel like there were some ads on the bulletin board for some Cherokee or 172's. If I see one I'll PM you.
Best of luck!

Best,

mkb
Where are you planning on basing the airplane?

Hire a mechanic that will give the plane a compression test. Don't let the owner be present and its best to bring your own mechanic (not easy or cheap). You think you can hire someone to oversee all this. With a simple plane like a 172 you can do it yourself. Get a aircraft title company to research title and liens. The rest of the plane inspection, any pilot can usually do it.

Hire a mechanic that will give the plane a compression test. Don't let the owner be present and its best to bring your own mechanic (not easy or cheap). You think you can hire someone to oversee all this. With a simple plane like a 172 you can do it yourself. Get a aircraft title company to research title and liens. The rest of the plane inspection, any pilot can usually do it.
Are you serious?

Back