Buy to finish training

It never is with .gov is it. LOL We have an over the road trucking company with customers all over the country and everyone that would be flying with me is on the payroll.
I think there is still more to it than this. Hopefully others will chime in with the exact rules. One benefit you have is that you are the business owner so you can allow flying as travel. Most of us work for large companies that ban this type of travel.

Will you put the plane in a separate LLC and then lease it from your transport company?

That insurance will come down pretty quick with hours so fly it alot.

Great news on the hangar space. In my part of the world finding a hangar is like finding a hens tooth. It really saddens me to see nice expensive airplanes setting outside in the weather.

I think there is still more to it than this. Hopefully others will chime in with the exact rules. One benefit you have is that you are the business owner so you can allow flying as travel. Most of us work for large companies that ban this type of travel.

Will you put the plane in a separate LLC and then lease it from your transport company?

I have no doubt its more difficult than that. The CPA is in the loop. As far as the LLC thats the debate now. We have 3 separate entities that could all "own" the planes LLC. Not sure if that would help things on the tax and liability side should things not go as planned.

Back