Buy Surplus Gov stuff :)

Darrell111 said:
Maybe you can peice together your own fighter jet! :D

www.Govliquidation.com

It's been done before. Do you know who Darryl Greenamyer is?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=-1]Interestingly a Starfighter - built from non-serviceable ex-military aircraft components by American Darryl Greenamyer over a ten-year period - was without doubt the fastest and most complex "homebuilt" aircraft ever completed. With this aircraft - known as the Red Baron F-104RB Starfighter - he raised the world speed record over a 3km low-level course to 1,590.45km/h on 24 October 1977. Unfortunately the F-104RB was lost in an accident in 1978.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Frank Browne said:
It's been done before. Do you know who Darryl Greenamyer is?

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][SIZE=-1]Interestingly a Starfighter - built from non-serviceable ex-military aircraft components by American Darryl Greenamyer over a ten-year period - was without doubt the fastest and most complex "homebuilt" aircraft ever completed. With this aircraft - known as the Red Baron F-104RB Starfighter - he raised the world speed record over a 3km low-level course to 1,590.45km/h on 24 October 1977. Unfortunately the F-104RB was lost in an accident in 1978.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Well maybe you could buy an AC tug and convert it into a golf cart!! Im sure the other golfers would love its noise hahaha :D

Thast actually really cool though. Wish i had the know how and more importantly money to make my own fighter!

Darrell111 said:
Well maybe you could buy an AC tug and convert it into a golf cart!! Im sure the other golfers would love its noise hahaha :D

You might be on to a good idea Darrell! "That's what golf needs...a little body checkin"

Darrell111 said:
Thast actually really cool though. Wish i had the know how and more importantly money to make my own fighter!

I remember reading an article in (I think) Popular Mechanics magazine when Greenamyer first broke the low altitude speed record in his homebuilt Starfighter. He spent a long time scavenging the parts from all over the country to complete the aircraft. Since the law prevented him from buying a whole airplane, (F-104's were still in service at the time) he had to aquire it piecemeal and build it himself.

Back