But I thought drone restoration was supposed to prevent this....

Maybe they are not "restoring" them properly

Wow, 700,000 sold this year? That is crazy. I hate to say it but does anyone remember what happened to lawn darts.

And only 45,000 registered.

Far less sheep than I expected.

Exactly, and those 45k are probably just the guys with a 333 exemption, ie the professional film/survey guys who never were doing dumb crap to start with.

Exactly, and those 45k are probably just the guys with a 333 exemption, ie the professional film/survey guys who never were doing dumb crap to start with.

IIRC, the 333 guys already were "registered" and are not supposed to use this system. At least not yet.

I registered. It's fun when you have nothing better to do and cant immediately go and pay $135 an hour to burn fuel. I didn't have to pay $5 so I'm not complaining.

However, unless they mandate this registration at the point of purchase, the people who will be caught and are oblivious to this law will cry loud and hard in court. :dunno:

However, unless they mandate this registration at the point of purchase, the people who will be caught and are oblivious to this law will cry loud and hard in court. :dunno:

Ignorance of the law is no excuse.

Worked for the last president too! :yes:

Seems to have been working for a broad variety of the regal ones inside the beltway for quite a long time...

We got my sons each a drone for Christmas, it was funny watching them fly them for the first time, older son that HATES flying had his up and going in minutes. Private pilot son struggled with his! :rofl:
But, I will say they are fun and don't crash like remote control airplanes, it was raining off and on all day yesterday, but they still got to play with them. I was amazed at how stable they are. :yes:
These aren't the real high priced ones, the max altitude is 100 AGL, it won't go higher and beeps and tells you when it reaches max altitude or distance.

Back