Busted Noise Abatement Curfew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't feel bad, if some a hole wants to buy a house near the airport, they shouldn't be complaining about the noise. NO FARs were broken, and if the local whiners make an issue of it. You were cleared for takeoff, if in another area, you were flying the airplane in matter you deemed necessary as PIC.

A family member of mine recently went to the city after he realized he broke some rules regarding moving dirt on his land, they were very understanding about it-only slapped him with $16,000 in fines. Keep your mouth shut. Don't ever deal with the government when you don't have to.

Nope. :nono: As usual, everything is more expensive in the good ol BIG APPLE:mad2:

"Right turns on red are permitted in many regions of North America. Western states have allowed it for more than 50 years; eastern states amended their traffic laws to allow it in the 1970s as a fuel-saving measure in response to motor fuel shortages in 1973 and 1979. All 50 states, the District of Columbia, Guam, and Puerto Rico have allowed right turns on red since 1 January 1980, except where prohibited by a sign or where right turns are controlled by dedicated traffic lights.
The few exceptions include New York City, where right turns on red are prohibited, unless a sign indicates otherwise.

In some states, such as New York and California, a right turn on red is prohibited when a red arrow is displayed."

Left turns on red are also permitted in New York (except in New York City) when turning left from a one-way street onto another one-way street. I don't recall ever having been at such an intersection that had a traffic light, but if one exists, a left turn on red can be made there, subject to the other caveats.

-Rich

Left turns on red are also permitted in New York (except in New York City) when turning left from a one-way street onto another one-way street. I don't recall ever having been at such an intersection that had a traffic light, but if one exists, a left turn on red can be made there, subject to the other caveats.
They're fairly common in Michigan, especially in turnarounds through the median of a divided highway.

-Rich

Never knew that. Does that include Nassau Co. ?

They're fairly common in Michigan, especially in turnarounds through the median of a divided highway.

They are common all over the place. All you need is a network of one-way streets, even very short.

New York City isn't the only city in New York. I suspect he'll find examples in Albany, Rochester, Buffalo, and a whole host of smaller cities and towns. I've noticed them in Waco, Austin, Anchorage, San Francisco, and Los Angeles. Probably, there are a whole bunch I didn't notice.

Heck, I even saw one in Williams, AZ. There aren't many towns smaller than that that still have traffic lights.

A family member of mine recently went to the city after he realized he broke some rules regarding moving dirt on his land, they were very understanding about it-only slapped him with $16,000 in fines. Keep your mouth shut. Don't ever deal with the government when you don't have to.

Around 25 years ago, I was in a store in 'downtown' Newark,NJ. Apparently I didn't put enough money in the parking meter. I look out the window and see a cop on horseback writing me a ticket. I run out to the car (hoping I could get there in time) but I was too late.

"Damn" I say to myself, as the cop goes down the street. I pickup the ticket and whaddya know, he left the entire thing on my windshield (all copies)!

I had a choice, drive over to city hall and give the government more of my hard earned money or sit on it and see if they come after me.

I think I made the right choice:rolleyes:

Last edited:

:yeahthat:

[emphasis added]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back