Bushcat Thoughts

I assume you have considered the Kitfox and the Vashon ranger?

Oh, also I get the impression they're not very warm if you're flying them in cold weather - somebody on the Bushcat facebook group was saying air would rush in from the wing roots and he was designing some perspex covers to fit in there to prevent it from happening. Even if you did that, I can't help feeling cabin heaters wouldn't be very effective when they have to fill the entire fuselage and empennage with warm air, and my guess is that they're not very airtight.

Also, check for cats before takeoff*

* not sure if that's a Bushcat - maybe a model of the Cheetah, the earlier model?
We actually fly the BushCat in Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin year-round. We have a cabin heat option and as most other airplanes, you still have to bundle up a bit. The complaints about there being air rushing in is because they haven't fitted some of the doors properly. We have found ways to seal things up much better and have inserts for the wing roots.

Oh, also I get the impression they're not very warm if you're flying them in cold weather - somebody on the Bushcat facebook group was saying air would rush in from the wing roots and he was designing some perspex covers to fit in there to prevent it from happening. Even if you did that, I can't help feeling cabin heaters wouldn't be very effective when they have to fill the entire fuselage and empennage with warm air, and my guess is that they're not very airtight.

Also, check for cats before takeoff*

* not sure if that's a Bushcat - maybe a model of the Cheetah, the earlier model?
By the way, that video is actually of a Skyranger, not a BushCat.....

Been looking at building a kit version of the Bushcat I like the fact that doesn't require a paint booth since it's all aluminum no need for any coatings over steel, or covering to primer, and paint perfect for a garage build. The lack of folding wings one negative not sure I like where that flap handle location is watching videos have to reach over with the left hand, or let go of the control stick reach up maybe not big deal. I did do some searching for accidents only a few that I could find none were fatal. Few nosed over no injuries worse was someone hit terrain on final no details was in Australia had serious injuries sounded like an off field attempted landing.
The BushCat has a phenomenal safety record. All pilot error situations. None ever due to structural failure. It's a solid rugged aircraft that is designed for the African bush. We use it for flight training in the U.S. and it can handle the student beating. As long as the aircraft is kept hangared, the fabric can last many years as long as it is kept clean.

The BushCat has a phenomenal safety record. All pilot error situations. None ever due to structural failure. It's a solid rugged aircraft that is designed for the African bush. We use it for flight training in the U.S. and it can handle the student beating. As long as the aircraft is kept hangared, the fabric can last many years as long as it is kept clean.
Hi Daniela. Has any of your customers reported their operating costs? (fuel, maintenance, etc)? I'm getting really close to order one here in Canada :)

Back